Updated estimate of the duration of the meningo-encephalitic stage in gambiense human African trypanosomiasis
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Research Notes
AbstractThe duration of the stages of HAT is an important factor in epidemiological studies and intervention planning. Previously, we published estimates of the duration of the haemo-lymphatic stage 1 and meningo-encephalitic stage 2 of the gambiense form of human African trypanosomiasis (HAT), in the absence of treatment. Here we revise the estimate of stage 2 duration, computed based on data from Uganda and South Sudan, by adjusting observed infection prevalence for incomplete case detection coverage and diagnostic inaccuracy.
- Estimates of the duration of the early and late stage of gambiense sleeping sickness.
- Authors: Checchi F, Filipe JA, Haydon DT, Chandramohan D, Chappuis F
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 8
- The impact of passive case detection on the transmission dynamics of gambiense Human African Trypanosomiasis.
- Authors: Checchi F, Funk S, Chandramohan D, Chappuis F, Haydon DT
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Prevalence and under-detection of gambiense human African trypanosomiasis during mass screening sessions in Uganda and Sudan.
- Authors: Checchi F, Cox AP, Chappuis F, Priotto G, Chandramohan D, Haydon DT
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 7
- A multicentre, randomised, non-inferiority clinical trial comparing a nifurtimox-eflornithine combination to standard eflornithine monotherapy for late stage Trypanosoma brucei gambiense human African trypanosomiasis in Uganda.
- Authors: Kansiime F, Adibaku S, Wamboga C, Idi F, Kato CD, Yamuah L, Vaillant M, Kioy D, Olliaro P, Matovu E
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 22
- Clinical and Neuropathogenetic Aspects of Human African Trypanosomiasis.
- Authors: Kennedy PGE, Rodgers J
- Issue date: 2019