Procurement and Supply Management System for MDR-TB in Nigeria: Are the Early Warning Targets for Drug Stock Outs and Over Stock of Drugs Being Achieved?
Tayler Smith, K
Van den Bergh, R
van Griensven, J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe World Health Organisation (WHO) introduced the twelve early warning indicators for monitoring and evaluating drug Procurement and Supply management (PSM) systems, intended to prevent drug stock-outs and overstocking. Nigeria- one of the high Multi Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) burden countries, scaled-up treatment in 2012 with the concurrent implementation of a PSM system.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Controlling multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and access to expensive drugs: a rational framework.
- Authors: Pablos-Mendez A, Gowda DK, Frieden TR
- Issue date: 2002
- API TB Consensus Guidelines 2006: Management of pulmonary tuberculosis, extra-pulmonary tuberculosis and tuberculosis in special situations.
- Authors: API Consensus Expert Committee.
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- [Drug resistant tuberculosis].
- Authors: Zwolska Z, Augustynowicz-Kopeć E
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Multidrug resistant tuberculosis: trends and control.
- Authors: Prasad R, Gupta N, Singh M
- Issue date: 2014 Oct-Dec
- Challenges of using new and repurposed drugs for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in children.
- Authors: Schaaf HS, Garcia-Prats AJ, McKenna L, Seddon JA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar