Task Sharing Within a Managed Clinical Network to Improve Child Health in Malawi
Jana, C E
Heikens, G T
MetadataShow full item record
JournalHuman resources for health
AbstractEighty per cent of Malawi's 8 million children live in rural areas, and there is an extensive tiered health system infrastructure from village health clinics to district hospitals which refers patients to one of the four central hospitals. The clinics and district hospitals are staffed by nurses, non-physician clinicians and recently qualified doctors. There are 16 paediatric specialists working in two of the four central hospitals which serve the urban population as well as accepting referrals from district hospitals. In order to provide expert paediatric care as close to home as possible, we describe our plan to task share within a managed clinical network and our hypothesis that this will improve paediatric care and child health.
- Surgical and anaesthetic capacity of hospitals in Malawi: key insights.
- Authors: Henry JA, Frenkel E, Borgstein E, Mkandawire N, Goddia C
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Can training in advanced clinical skills in obstetrics, neonatal care and leadership, of non-physician clinicians in Malawi impact on clinical services improvements (the ETATMBA project): a process evaluation.
- Authors: Ellard DR, Chimwaza W, Davies D, O'Hare JP, Kamwendo F, Quenby S, Griffiths F, ETATMBA Study Group.
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 12
- Improving paediatric and neonatal care in rural district hospitals in the highlands of Papua New Guinea: a quality improvement approach.
- Authors: Sa'avu M, Duke T, Matai S
- Issue date: 2014 May
- From PALSA PLUS to PALM PLUS: adapting and developing a South African guideline and training intervention to better integrate HIV/AIDS care with primary care in rural health centers in Malawi.
- Authors: Schull MJ, Cornick R, Thompson S, Faris G, Fairall L, Burciul B, Sodhi S, Draper B, Joshua M, Mondiwa M, Banda H, Kathyola D, Bateman E, Zwarenstein M
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 26
- Using mobile clinics to deliver HIV testing and other basic health services in rural Malawi.
- Authors: Lindgren TG, Deutsch K, Schell E, Bvumbwe A, Hart KB, Laviwa J, Rankin SH
- Issue date: 2011