Unregulated Usage of Labour-Inducing Medication in a Region of Pakistan with Poor Drug Regulatory Control: Characteristics and Risk Patterns
Van den Bergh, R
Prinsloo, J R
Daudi, S M
Njenga, J W
Khilji, T B-U-D
De Plecker, E
Van Overloop, C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn developing countries such as Pakistan, poor training of mid-level cadres of health providers, combined with unregulated availability of labour-inducing medication can carry considerable risk for mother and child during labour. Here, we describe the exposure to labour-inducing medication and its possible risks in a vulnerable population in a conflict-affected region of Pakistan.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Oxytocin for preventing postpartum haemorrhage (PPH) in non-facility birth settings.
- Authors: Pantoja T, Abalos E, Chapman E, Vera C, Serrano VP
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 14
- Comparison of prostaglandin E2 gel, prostaglandin E2 pessary and extra-amniotic saline infusion with oxytocin for induction of labour.
- Authors: Qamar S, Bashir A, Ibrar F
- Issue date: 2012 Apr-Jun
- Outcomes of mifepristone usage for cervical ripening and induction of labour in full-term pregnancy. Randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Baev OR, Rumyantseva VP, Tysyachnyu OV, Kozlova OA, Sukhikh GT
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Uterine rupture without previous caesarean delivery: a population-based cohort study.
- Authors: Thisted DL, Mortensen LH, Krebs L
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- EFFECTIVENESS AND SAFETY OF 2-HOURLY 20 MCG ORAL MISOPROSTOL SOLUTION COMPARED TO STANDARD INTRAVENOUS OXYTOCIN IN LABOUR INDUCTION DUE TO PRE-LABOUR RUPTURE OF MEMBRANES AT TERM: A RANDOMISED CLINICAL TRIAL AT KENYATTA NATIONAL HOSPITAL.
- Authors: Mbaluka CM, Kamau K, Karanja JG, Mugo N
- Issue date: 2014 Sep