Cost Per Patient of Treatment for Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis in a Community-Based Programme in Khayelitsha, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe high cost of rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis (RR-TB) treatment hinders treatment access. South Africa has a high RR-TB burden, and national policy outlines decentralisation to improve access and reduce costs. We analysed health system costs associated with RR-TB treatment by drug resistance profile and treatment outcome in a decentralised programme.
- Incremental Cost Effectiveness of Bedaquiline for the Treatment of Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis in South Africa: Model-Based Analysis.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Firnhaber C, Conradie F, Ndjeka N, Sinanovic E
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Costs of inpatient treatment for multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis in South Africa.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Rosen S, Shearer K, Martinson N, Long L, Sanne I, Variava E
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Epidemic levels of drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR and XDR-TB) in a high HIV prevalence setting in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Cox HS, McDermid C, Azevedo V, Muller O, Coetzee D, Simpson J, Barnard M, Coetzee G, van Cutsem G, Goemaere E
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- Impact of reduced hospitalisation on the cost of treatment for drug-resistant tuberculosis in South Africa.
- Authors: Sinanovic E, Ramma L, Vassall A, Azevedo V, Wilkinson L, Ndjeka N, McCarthy K, Churchyard G, Cox H
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Cost of multi drug resistance tuberculosis in Germany.
- Authors: Diel R, Nienhaus A, Lampenius N, Rüsch-Gerdes S, Richter E
- Issue date: 2014 Nov