Superior Virologic and Treatment Outcomes When Viral Load is Measured at 3 Months Compared to 6 Months on Antiretroviral Therapy
Boulle, Andrew M
Van Cutsem, Gilles
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRoutine viral load (VL) monitoring is utilized to assess antiretroviral therapy (ART) adherence and virologic failure, and it is currently scaled-up in many resource-constrained settings. The first routine VL is recommended as late as six months after ART initiation for early detection of sub-optimal adherence. We aimed to assess the optimal timing of first VL measurement after initiation of ART.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Rates of switching to second-line antiretroviral therapy and impact of delayed switching on immunologic, virologic, and mortality outcomes among HIV-infected adults with virologic failure in Rakai, Uganda.
- Authors: Ssempijja V, Nakigozi G, Chang L, Gray R, Wawer M, Ndyanabo A, Kasule J, Serwadda D, Castelnuovo B, Hoog AV, Reynolds SJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 22
- Second-line antiretroviral therapy: long-term outcomes in South Africa.
- Authors: Murphy RA, Sunpath H, Castilla C, Ebrahim S, Court R, Nguyen H, Kuritzkes D, Marconi VC, Nachega JB
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 1
- Adoption of routine virologic testing and predictors of virologic failure among HIV-infected children on antiretroviral treatment in western Kenya.
- Authors: Kadima J, Patterson E, Mburu M, Blat C, Nyanduko M, Bukusi EA, Cohen C, Oyaro P, Abuogi L
- Issue date: 2018
- Cost-effectiveness of point-of-care viral load monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings: mathematical modelling study.
- Authors: Estill J, Egger M, Blaser N, Vizcaya LS, Garone D, Wood R, Campbell J, Hallett TB, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 1
- Multicentre analysis of second-line antiretroviral treatment in HIV-infected children: adolescents at high risk of failure.
- Authors: Boerma RS, Bunupuradah T, Dow D, Fokam J, Kariminia A, Lehman D, Kityo C, Musiime V, Palumbo P, Schoffelen A, Sophan S, Zanoni B, Rinke de Wit TF, Calis JCJ, Sigaloff KCE, Paediatric Second-line Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 15