Superior Virologic and Treatment Outcomes When Viral Load is Measured at 3 Months Compared to 6 Months on Antiretroviral Therapy
Boulle, Andrew M
Van Cutsem, Gilles
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRoutine viral load (VL) monitoring is utilized to assess antiretroviral therapy (ART) adherence and virologic failure, and it is currently scaled-up in many resource-constrained settings. The first routine VL is recommended as late as six months after ART initiation for early detection of sub-optimal adherence. We aimed to assess the optimal timing of first VL measurement after initiation of ART.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Rates of switching to second-line antiretroviral therapy and impact of delayed switching on immunologic, virologic, and mortality outcomes among HIV-infected adults with virologic failure in Rakai, Uganda.
- Authors: Ssempijja V, Nakigozi G, Chang L, Gray R, Wawer M, Ndyanabo A, Kasule J, Serwadda D, Castelnuovo B, Hoog AV, Reynolds SJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 22
- HIV viral suppression and longevity among a cohort of children initiating antiretroviral therapy in Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Authors: Teasdale CA, Sogaula N, Yuengling KA, Wang C, Mutiti A, Arpadi S, Nxele M, Pepeta L, Mogashoa M, Rivadeneira ED, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Successes and challenges in optimizing the viral load cascade to improve antiretroviral therapy adherence and rationalize second-line switches in Swaziland.
- Authors: Etoori D, Ciglenecki I, Ndlangamandla M, Edwards CG, Jobanputra K, Pasipamire M, Maphalala G, Yang C, Zabsonre I, Kabore SM, Goiri J, Teck R, Kerschberger B
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Adoption of routine virologic testing and predictors of virologic failure among HIV-infected children on antiretroviral treatment in western Kenya.
- Authors: Kadima J, Patterson E, Mburu M, Blat C, Nyanduko M, Bukusi EA, Cohen C, Oyaro P, Abuogi L
- Issue date: 2018
- Cost-effectiveness of point-of-care viral load monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings: mathematical modelling study.
- Authors: Estill J, Egger M, Blaser N, Vizcaya LS, Garone D, Wood R, Campbell J, Hallett TB, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 1