Tracing defaulters in HIV prevention of mother-to-child transmission programmes through community health workers: results from a rural setting in Zimbabwe.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh retention in care is paramount to reduce vertical human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections in prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) programmes but remains low in many sub-Saharan African countries. We aimed to assess the effects of community health worker-based defaulter tracing (CHW-DT) on retention in care and mother-to-child HIV transmission, an innovative approach that has not been evaluated to date.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Integrated prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission services, antiretroviral therapy initiation, and maternal and infant retention in care in rural north-central Nigeria: a cluster-randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Aliyu MH, Blevins M, Audet CM, Kalish M, Gebi UI, Onwujekwe O, Lindegren ML, Shepherd BE, Wester CW, Vermund SH
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Uptake and performance of prevention of mother-to-child transmission and early infant diagnosis in pregnant HIV-infected women and their exposed infants at seven health centres in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Authors: Girma M, Wendaferash R, Shibru H, Berhane Y, Hoelscher M, Kroidl A
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV: evaluation of a pilot programme in a district hospital in rural Zimbabwe.
- Authors: Perez F, Orne-Gliemann J, Mukotekwa T, Miller A, Glenshaw M, Mahomva A, Dabis F
- Issue date: 2004 Nov 13
- The Tingathe programme: a pilot intervention using community health workers to create a continuum of care in the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) cascade of services in Malawi.
- Authors: Kim MH, Ahmed S, Buck WC, Preidis GA, Hosseinipour MC, Bhalakia A, Nanthuru D, Kazembe PN, Chimbwandira F, Giordano TP, Chiao EY, Schutze GE, Kline MW
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 11
- Comparing two service delivery models for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV during transition from single-dose nevirapine to multi-drug antiretroviral regimens.
- Authors: Tsague L, Tsiouris FO, Carter RJ, Mugisha V, Tene G, Nyankesha E, Koblavi-Deme S, Mugwaneza P, Kayirangwa E, Sahabo R, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 6