Using BD Vacutainer CD4 Stabilization Tubes for Absolute Cluster of Differentiation Type 4 Cell Count Measurement on BD FacsCount and Partec Cyflow Cytometers: A Method Comparison Study from Zimbabwe.
Van den Bergh, Rafael
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBlood collected in conventional EDTA tubes requires laboratory analysis within 48 hours to provide valid CD4 cell count results. This restricts access to HIV care for patients from rural areas in resource-constraint settings due to sample transportation problems. Stabilization Tubes with extended storage duration have been developed but not yet evaluated comprehensively.
- Opportunities to improve storage and transportation of blood specimens for CD4 testing in a rural district in Zimbabwe using BD vacutainer CD4 stabilization tubes: a stability and diagnostic accuracy study.
- Authors: Fajardo E, Metcalf C, Mbofana E, van Vyve C, Munyaradzi D, Simons S, Kuhudzayi M, Bygrave H
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 22
- Affordable flow cytometry for enumeration of absolute CD4+ T-lymphocytes to identify subtype C HIV-1 infected adults requiring antiretroviral therapy (ART) and monitoring response to ART in a resource-limited setting.
- Authors: Zijenah LS, Kadzirange G, Madzime S, Borok M, Mudiwa C, Tobaiwa O, Mucheche M, Rusakaniko S, Katzenstein DA
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 14
- The Partec CyFlow Counter could provide an option for CD4+ T-cell monitoring in the context of scaling-up antiretroviral treatment at the district level in Malawi.
- Authors: Fryland M, Chaillet P, Zachariah R, Barnaba A, Bonte L, Andereassen R, Charrondière S, Teck R, Didakus O
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Performance evaluation of BD FACSPresto™ point of care CD4 analyzer to enumerate CD4 counts for monitoring HIV infected individuals in Nigeria.
- Authors: Negedu-Momoh OR, Jegede FE, Yakubu A, Balogun O, Abdullahi M, Badru T, Oladele EA, Agbakwuru C, Khamofu H, Torpey K
- Issue date: 2017
- New BD FACSCount CD4 reagent system for simultaneous enumeration of percent and absolute CD4 T-lymphocytes in HIV-1-infected pediatric patients.
- Authors: Pattanapanyasat K, Sukapirom K, Kowawisatsut L, Thepthai C
- Issue date: 2008