Risk Factors for Mortality During Antiretroviral Therapy in Older Populations in Resource-Limited Settings
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn increasing proportion of adult patients initiating antiretroviral therapy (ART) in resource-limited settings are aged >50 years. Older populations on ART appear to have heightened risk of death, but little is known about factors influencing mortality in this population.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Age in antiretroviral therapy programmes in South Africa: a retrospective, multicentre, observational cohort study.
- Authors: Cornell M, Johnson LF, Schomaker M, Tanser F, Maskew M, Wood R, Prozesky H, Giddy J, Stinson K, Egger M, Boulle A, Myer L, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS-Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Gender differences in survival among adult patients starting antiretroviral therapy in South Africa: a multicentre cohort study.
- Authors: Cornell M, Schomaker M, Garone DB, Giddy J, Hoffmann CJ, Lessells R, Maskew M, Prozesky H, Wood R, Johnson LF, Egger M, Boulle A, Myer L, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2012
- Association of age with mortality and virological and immunological response to antiretroviral therapy in rural South African adults.
- Authors: Mutevedzi PC, Lessells RJ, Rodger AJ, Newell ML
- Issue date: 2011
- Treatment failure and mortality factors in patients receiving second-line HIV therapy in resource-limited countries.
- Authors: Pujades-Rodríguez M, Balkan S, Arnould L, Brinkhof MA, Calmy A, AIDS Working Group of MSF.
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 21
- Incidence of WHO stage 3 and 4 conditions following initiation of anti-retroviral therapy in resource limited settings.
- Authors: Curtis AJ, Marshall CS, Spelman T, Greig J, Elliot JH, Shanks L, Du Cros P, Casas EC, Da Fonseca MS, O'Brien DP
- Issue date: 2012