Timing of Malaria in Pregnancy and Impact on Infant Growth and Morbidity: a Cohort Study in Uganda
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMalaria in pregnancy (MiP) is a major cause of fetal growth restriction and low birth weight in endemic areas of sub-Saharan Africa. Understanding of the impact of MiP on infant growth and infant risk of malaria or morbidity is poorly characterized. The objective of this study was to describe the impact of MIP on subsequent infant growth, malaria and morbidity.
- Impact of malaria during pregnancy on pregnancy outcomes in a Ugandan prospective cohort with intensive malaria screening and prompt treatment.
- Authors: De Beaudrap P, Turyakira E, White LJ, Nabasumba C, Tumwebaze B, Muehlenbachs A, Guérin PJ, Boum Y, McGready R, Piola P
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 24
- Clinical malaria diagnosis in pregnancy in relation to early perinatal mother-to-child transmission of HIV: a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Ezeamama AE, Duggan C, Manji KP, Spiegelman D, Hertzmark E, Bosch RJ, Kupka R, Okuma JO, Kisenge R, Aboud S, Fawzi WW
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Factors associated with ultrasound-aided detection of suboptimal fetal growth in a malaria-endemic area in Papua New Guinea.
- Authors: Unger HW, Ome-Kaius M, Karl S, Singirok D, Siba P, Walker J, Wangnapi RA, Mueller I, Rogerson SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 3
- Maternal malaria but not schistosomiasis is associated with a higher risk of febrile infection in infant during the first 3 months of life: A mother-child cohort in Benin.
- Authors: Agbota G, Polman K, Wieringa FT, Campos-Ponce M, Accrombessi M, Yovo E, Roucher C, Ezinmègnon S, Marcos JY, Vachot L, Tissières P, Massougbodji A, Fievet N, Cot M, Briand V
- Issue date: 2019
- Impact of malaria at the end of pregnancy on infant mortality and morbidity.
- Authors: Bardají A, Sigauque B, Sanz S, Maixenchs M, Ordi J, Aponte JJ, Mabunda S, Alonso PL, Menéndez C
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1