Efficacy, Safety, and Dose of Pafuramidine, a New Oral Drug for Treatment of First Stage Sleeping Sickness, in a Phase 2a Clinical Study and Phase 2b Randomized Clinical Studies
Yeramian, P D
Allen, J L
Serge, K K
Mesu, V K
Bilenge, C M
Lubaki, J P
Mpoto, A M
Munungu, B F
Bernhard, S C
Olson, C A
Tidwell, R R
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractSleeping sickness (human African trypanosomiasis [HAT]) is caused by protozoan parasites and characterized by a chronic progressive course, which may last up to several years before death. We conducted two Phase 2 studies to determine the efficacy and safety of oral pafuramidine in African patients with first stage HAT.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Efficacy and Safety of Pafuramidine versus Pentamidine Maleate for Treatment of First Stage Sleeping Sickness in a Randomized, Comparator-Controlled, International Phase 3 Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Pohlig G, Bernhard SC, Blum J, Burri C, Mpanya A, Lubaki JP, Mpoto AM, Munungu BF, N'tombe PM, Deo GK, Mutantu PN, Kuikumbi FM, Mintwo AF, Munungi AK, Dala A, Macharia S, Bilenge CM, Mesu VK, Franco JR, Dituvanga ND, Tidwell RR, Olson CA
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Efficacy of the diamidine DB75 and its prodrug DB289, against murine models of human African trypanosomiasis.
- Authors: Thuita JK, Karanja SM, Wenzler T, Mdachi RE, Ngotho JM, Kagira JM, Tidwell R, Brun R
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Efficacy of the novel diamidine compound 2,5-Bis(4-amidinophenyl)- furan-bis-O-Methlylamidoxime (Pafuramidine, DB289) against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense infection in vervet monkeys after oral administration.
- Authors: Mdachi RE, Thuita JK, Kagira JM, Ngotho JM, Murilla GA, Ndung'u JM, Tidwell RR, Hall JE, Brun R
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Pharmacology of DB844, an orally active aza analogue of pafuramidine, in a monkey model of second stage human African trypanosomiasis.
- Authors: Thuita JK, Wang MZ, Kagira JM, Denton CL, Paine MF, Mdachi RE, Murilla GA, Ching S, Boykin DW, Tidwell RR, Hall JE, Brun R
- Issue date: 2012
- Nifurtimox-eflornithine combination therapy for second-stage African Trypanosoma brucei gambiense trypanosomiasis: a multicentre, randomised, phase III, non-inferiority trial.
- Authors: Priotto G, Kasparian S, Mutombo W, Ngouama D, Ghorashian S, Arnold U, Ghabri S, Baudin E, Buard V, Kazadi-Kyanza S, Ilunga M, Mutangala W, Pohlig G, Schmid C, Karunakara U, Torreele E, Kande V
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 4