Successful Control of Ebola Virus Disease: Analysis of Service Based Data from Rural Sierra Leone
de la Vega, MA
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractThe scale and geographical distribution of the current outbreak in West Africa raised doubts as to the effectiveness of established methods of control. Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) was first detected in Sierra Leone in May 2014 in Kailahun district. Despite high case numbers elsewhere in the country, transmission was eliminated in the district by December 2014. We describe interventions underpinning successful EVD control in Kailahun and implications for EVD control in other areas.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Ebola management centre proximity associated with reduced delays of healthcare of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) patients, Tonkolili, Sierra Leone, 2014-15.
- Authors: Theocharopoulos G, Danis K, Greig J, Hoffmann A, De Valk H, Jimissa A, Tejan S, Sankoh M, Kleijer K, Turner W, Achar J, Duncombe J, Lokuge K, Gayton I, Broeder R, Kremer R, Caleo G
- Issue date: 2017
- The factors affecting household transmission dynamics and community compliance with Ebola control measures: a mixed-methods study in a rural village in Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Caleo G, Duncombe J, Jephcott F, Lokuge K, Mills C, Looijen E, Theoharaki F, Kremer R, Kleijer K, Squire J, Lamin M, Stringer B, Weiss HA, Culli D, Di Tanna GL, Greig J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 13
- The 2014 Ebola virus disease outbreak in Pujehun, Sierra Leone: epidemiology and impact of interventions.
- Authors: Ajelli M, Parlamento S, Bome D, Kebbi A, Atzori A, Frasson C, Putoto G, Carraro D, Merler S
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 26
- A practical community-based response strategy to interrupt Ebola transmission in sierra Leone, 2014-2015.
- Authors: Li ZJ, Tu WX, Wang XC, Shi GQ, Yin ZD, Su HJ, Shen T, Zhang DP, Li JD, Lv S, Cao CL, Xie RQ, Lu HZ, Jiang RM, Cao Z, An ZJ, Li LL, Xu J, Xiong YW, Zang W, Zhang W, Zhang HW, Chen WS, Ling H, Xu W, Cai J, Luo HJ, Xing XS, Zheng CJ, Wei Q, Li XX, Li M, Jiang H, Deng LQ, Chen MQ, Huo X, Xu F, Lai XH, Bai XC, Ye LJ, Yao JY, Yin WW, Sun JJ, Xiao L, Liu FQ, Liu XQ, Fan HW, Kou ZQ, Zhou JK, Zhang H, Ni DX, Samba TT, Li Q, Yu HJ, Wang Y, Liang XF
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 5
- Improving mapping for Ebola response through mobilising a local community with self-owned smartphones: Tonkolili District, Sierra Leone, January 2015.
- Authors: Nic Lochlainn LM, Gayton I, Theocharopoulos G, Edwards R, Danis K, Kremer R, Kleijer K, Tejan SM, Sankoh M, Jimissa A, Greig J, Caleo G
- Issue date: 2018