"My Favourite Day Is Sunday": Community Perceptions of (Drug-Resistant) Tuberculosis and Ambulatory Tuberculosis Care in Kara Suu District, Osh Province, Kyrgyzstan
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractKyrgyzstan is one of the 27 high multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) burden countries listed by the WHO. In 2012, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) started a drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) project in Kara Suu District. A qualitative study was undertaken to understand the perception of TB and DR-TB in order to improve the effectiveness and acceptance of the MSF intervention and to support advocacy strategies for an ambulatory model of care.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- 'I cry every day': experiences of patients co-infected with HIV and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Rangan S, Pradhan A, Ladomirska J, Reid T, Kielmann K
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Authors: Bloom BR, Atun R, Cohen T, Dye C, Fraser H, Gomez GB, Knight G, Murray M, Nardell E, Rubin E, Salomon J, Vassall A, Volchenkov G, White R, Wilson D, Yadav P, Holmes KK, Bertozzi S, Bloom BR, Jha P
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 3
- Direct Observation (DO) for Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis: Do We Really DO?
- Authors: Benbaba S, Isaakidis P, Das M, Jadhav S, Reid T, Furin J
- Issue date: 2015
- Financial barriers and coping strategies: a qualitative study of accessing multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and tuberculosis care in Yunnan, China.
- Authors: Hutchison C, Khan MS, Yoong J, Lin X, Coker RJ
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 22
- "Home is where the patient is": a qualitative analysis of a patient-centred model of care for multi-drug resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Horter S, Stringer B, Reynolds L, Shoaib M, Kasozi S, Casas EC, Verputten M, du Cros P
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 21