"My Favourite Day Is Sunday": Community Perceptions of (Drug-Resistant) Tuberculosis and Ambulatory Tuberculosis Care in Kara Suu District, Osh Province, Kyrgyzstan
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractKyrgyzstan is one of the 27 high multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) burden countries listed by the WHO. In 2012, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) started a drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) project in Kara Suu District. A qualitative study was undertaken to understand the perception of TB and DR-TB in order to improve the effectiveness and acceptance of the MSF intervention and to support advocacy strategies for an ambulatory model of care.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- 'I cry every day': experiences of patients co-infected with HIV and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Rangan S, Pradhan A, Ladomirska J, Reid T, Kielmann K
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Direct Observation (DO) for Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis: Do We Really DO?
- Authors: Benbaba S, Isaakidis P, Das M, Jadhav S, Reid T, Furin J
- Issue date: 2015
- Financial barriers and coping strategies: a qualitative study of accessing multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and tuberculosis care in Yunnan, China.
- Authors: Hutchison C, Khan MS, Yoong J, Lin X, Coker RJ
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 22
- "Home is where the patient is": a qualitative analysis of a patient-centred model of care for multi-drug resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Horter S, Stringer B, Reynolds L, Shoaib M, Kasozi S, Casas EC, Verputten M, du Cros P
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 21
- Where there is hope: a qualitative study examining patients' adherence to multi-drug resistant tuberculosis treatment in Karakalpakstan, Uzbekistan.
- Authors: Horter S, Stringer B, Greig J, Amangeldiev A, Tillashaikhov MN, Parpieva N, Tigay Z, du Cros P
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 28