Edwards, J K
Hovda, K E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOutbreaks of methanol poisoning occur frequently on a global basis, affecting poor and vulnerable populations. Knowledge regarding methanol is limited, likely many cases and even outbreaks go unnoticed, with patients dying unnecessarily. We describe findings from the first three large outbreaks of methanol poisoning where Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) responded, and evaluate the benefits of a possible future collaboration between local health authorities, a Non-Governmental Organisation and international expertise.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Viewpoint: methanol poisoning outbreak in Libya: a need for policy reforms.
- Authors: Taleb ZB, Bahelah R
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- The Methanol Poisoning Outbreaks in Iran 2018.
- Authors: Aghababaeian H, Araghi Ahvazi L, Ostadtaghizadeh A
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 1
- Methanol mass poisoning in Iran: role of case finding in outbreak management.
- Authors: Hassanian-Moghaddam H, Nikfarjam A, Mirafzal A, Saberinia A, Nasehi AA, Masoumi Asl H, Memaryan N
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Czech mass methanol outbreak 2012: epidemiology, challenges and clinical features.
- Authors: Zakharov S, Pelclova D, Urban P, Navratil T, Diblik P, Kuthan P, Hubacek JA, Miovsky M, Klempir J, Vaneckova M, Seidl Z, Pilin A, Fenclova Z, Petrik V, Kotikova K, Nurieva O, Ridzon P, Rulisek J, Komarc M, Hovda KE
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Use of Out-of-Hospital Ethanol Administration to Improve Outcome in Mass Methanol Outbreaks.
- Authors: Zakharov S, Pelclova D, Urban P, Navratil T, Nurieva O, Kotikova K, Diblik P, Kurcova I, Belacek J, Komarc M, Eddleston M, Hovda KE
- Issue date: 2016 Jul