Re-Inventing Adherence: Toward a Patient-Centered Model of Care for Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis and HIV
AuthorsO'Donnell, M R
Amico, K R
Metcalfe, J Z
Davis, J L
Zelnick, J R
Brust, J C
Bangsberg, D R
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite renewed focus on molecular tuberculosis (TB) diagnostics and new antimycobacterial agents, treatment outcomes for patients co-infected with drug-resistant TB and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) remain dismal, in part due to lack of focus on medication adherence as part of a patient-centered continuum of care.
- [Patient-centered medicine for tuberculosis medical services].
- Authors: Fujita A, Narita T
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Patients infected by tuberculosis and human immunodeficiency virus facing their disease, their reactions to disease diagnosis and its implication about their families and communities, in Burkina Faso: a mixed focus group and cross sectional study.
- Authors: Méda ZC, Somé T, Sombié I, Maré D, Morisky DE, Chen YM
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 29
- People-centered tuberculosis care versus standard directly observed therapy: study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Khachadourian V, Truzyan N, Harutyunyan A, Thompson ME, Harutyunyan T, Petrosyan V
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 22
- 'I'm fed up': experiences of prior anti-tuberculosis treatment in patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis and HIV.
- Authors: Furin J, Isaakidis P, Reid AJ, Kielmann K
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- The whole is greater than the sum of the parts: recognising missed opportunities for an optimal response to the rapidly maturing TB-HIV co-epidemic in South Africa.
- Authors: Perumal R, Padayatchi N, Stiefvater E
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 16