Health Services for Gender-Based Violence: Médecins Sans Frontières Experience Caring for Survivors in Urban Papua New Guinea
Thurber, K A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLevels of gender-based violence in Papua New Guinea (PNG) are high; health services for survivors are limited. Evidence from the few existing health services for survivors can inform improvements in care in this and similar settings.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Looking beyond prevalence: a demographic profile of survivors of intimate partner violence with disabilities.
- Authors: Ballan MS, Freyer MB, Marti CN, Perkel J, Webb KA, Romanelli M
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Mental health services for children exposed to armed conflict: Médecins Sans Frontières' experience in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq and the occupied Palestinian territory.
- Authors: Lokuge K, Shah T, Pintaldi G, Thurber K, Martínez-Viciana C, Cristobal M, Palacios L, Dear K, Banks E
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Understanding management and support for domestic violence and abuse within emergency departments: A systematic literature review from 2000-2015.
- Authors: Hinsliff-Smith K, McGarry J
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Prevalence and Health Impact of Intimate Partner Violence and Non-partner Sexual Violence Among Female Adolescents Aged 15-19 Years in Vulnerable Urban Environments: A Multi-Country Study.
- Authors: Decker MR, Peitzmeier S, Olumide A, Acharya R, Ojengbede O, Covarrubias L, Gao E, Cheng Y, Delany-Moretlwe S, Brahmbhatt H
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Factors associated with experiencing sexual violence among female gender-based violence survivors in conflict-afflicted eastern Ukraine.
- Authors: Capasso A, Skipalska H, Guttmacher S, Tikhonovsky NG, Navario P, Castillo TP
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 24