Dangerous Crossing: Demographic and Clinical Features of Rescued Sea Migrants Seen in 2014 at an Outpatient Clinic at Augusta Harbor, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and Health
AbstractIn recent years Europe has received an increasing influx of migrants, many of whom risked their lives crossing the Mediterranean Sea. In October 2013, Italy launched a search and rescue operation at sea in response to migrant deaths during the sea crossing. In August 2014, Médecins sans Frontières and the local Ministry of Health established an outpatient clinic at Augusta harbor, in Sicily, which received 26 % of total sea migrants arrived in Italy in 2014, to provide immediate medical assessment and care.
- A crisis of protection and safe passage: violence experienced by migrants/refugees travelling along the Western Balkan corridor to Northern Europe.
- Authors: Arsenijević J, Schillberg E, Ponthieu A, Malvisi L, Ahmed WAE, Argenziano S, Zamatto F, Burroughs S, Severy N, Hebting C, de Vingne B, Harries AD, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2017
- ISSOP position statement on migrant child health.
- Authors: ISSOP Migration Working Group.
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Day to day issues in the forensic identification practice related to illegal immigration in Italy.
- Authors: Pinchi V, Focardi M, Pradella F, Grifoni R, Palandri M, Norelli GA
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 1
- Mental health and trauma in asylum seekers landing in Sicily in 2015: a descriptive study of neglected invisible wounds.
- Authors: Crepet A, Rita F, Reid A, Van den Boogaard W, Deiana P, Quaranta G, Barbieri A, Bongiorno F, Di Carlo S
- Issue date: 2017
- Reaching out to the forgotten: providing access to medical care for the homeless in Italy.
- Authors: De Maio G, Van den Bergh R, Garelli S, Maccagno B, Raddi F, Stefanizzi A, Regazzo C, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2014 Jun