Implementation and Operational Research: Feasibility of Using Tuberculin Skin Test Screening for Initiation of 36-Month Isoniazid Preventive Therapy in HIV-Infected Patients in Resource-Constrained Settings
Noël Mekiedje, C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe tuberculin skin test (TST) can be used to identify HIV-infected people who would benefit the most from long-term isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT). However, in resource-constrained settings, implementation of the TST can be challenging. The objectives of this study were to assess the feasibility of implementing the TST for IPT initiation and to estimate the proportion of TST-positive incidence among HIV-positive patients in 2 high tuberculosis and HIV burden settings.
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
- CD4+ cell count stratification to guide tuberculosis preventive therapy for people living with HIV.
- Authors: Chaisson LH, Saraceni V, Cohn S, Seabrook D, Cavalcante SC, Chaisson RE, Golub JE, Durovni B
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 1
- Completion of isoniazid preventive therapy and survival in HIV-infected, TST-positive adults in Tanzania.
- Authors: Kabali C, von Reyn CF, Brooks DR, Waddell R, Mtei L, Bakari M, Matee M, Pallangyo K, Arbeit RD, Horsburgh CR Jr
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Systematic review of TST responses in people living with HIV in under-resourced settings: implications for isoniazid preventive therapy.
- Authors: Kerkhoff AD, Kranzer K, Samandari T, Nakiyingi-Miiro J, Whalen CC, Harries AD, Lawn SD
- Issue date: 2012
- Adherence, tolerability, and outcome after 36 months of isoniazid-preventive therapy in 2 rural clinics of Swaziland: A prospective observational feasibility study.
- Authors: Mueller Y, Mpala Q, Kerschberger B, Rusch B, Mchunu G, Mazibuko S, Bonnet M
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Health system barriers to implementation of TB preventive strategies in South African primary care facilities.
- Authors: Van Ginderdeuren E, Bassett J, Hanrahan C, Mutunga L, Van Rie A
- Issue date: 2019