Detection and Quantification of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis in the Sputum of Culture-Negative HIV-infected Pulmonary Tuberculosis Suspects: A Proof-of-Concept Study
Miller, N S
Jones-López, E C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRapid diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) is critical for timely initiation of treatment and interruption of transmission. Yet, despite recent advances, many patients remain undiagnosed. Culture, usually considered the most sensitive diagnostic method, is sub-optimal for paucibacillary disease.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Further evidence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the sputum of culture-negative pulmonary tuberculosis suspects using an ultrasensitive molecular assay.
- Authors: Madico G, Vinhas S, Orr B, White L, Gaeddert M, Miller NS, Mpeirwe M, Orikiriza P, Mwanga-Amumpaire J, Boum Y 2nd, Palaci M, Dietze R, Jones-López EC
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Evaluation of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting.
- Authors: Theron G, Peter J, van Zyl-Smit R, Mishra H, Streicher E, Murray S, Dawson R, Whitelaw A, Hoelscher M, Sharma S, Pai M, Warren R, Dheda K
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1
- Use of the Xpert(®) MTB/RIF assay for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis comorbidity and multidrug-resistant TB in obstetrics and gynaecology inpatient wards at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia.
- Authors: Bates M, Ahmed Y, Chilukutu L, Tembo J, Cheelo B, Sinyangwe S, Kapata N, Maeurer M, O'Grady J, Mwaba P, Zumla A
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Rapid and accurate detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in sputum samples by Cepheid Xpert MTB/RIF assay--a clinical validation study.
- Authors: Rachow A, Zumla A, Heinrich N, Rojas-Ponce G, Mtafya B, Reither K, Ntinginya EN, O'Grady J, Huggett J, Dheda K, Boehme C, Perkins M, Saathoff E, Hoelscher M
- Issue date: 2011
- Cost-benefit analysis of Xpert MTB/RIF for tuberculosis suspects in German hospitals.
- Authors: Diel R, Nienhaus A, Hillemann D, Richter E
- Issue date: 2016 Feb