Utilization of the State Led Public Private Partnership Program "Chiranjeevi Yojana" to Promote Facility Births in Gujarat, India: a Cross Sectional Community Based Study
Vora, K S
Shewade, H D
Annerstedt, K S
Mavalankar, D V
Dholakia, N B
De Costa, A
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Health Services Research
Abstract"Chiranjeevi Yojana (CY)", a state-led large-scale demand-side financing scheme (DSF) under public-private partnership to increase institutional delivery, has been implemented across Gujarat state, India since 2005. The scheme aims to provide free institutional childbirth services in accredited private health facilities to women from socially disadvantaged groups (eligible women). These services are paid for by the state to the private facility with the intention of service being free to the user. This community-based study estimates CY uptake among eligible women and explores factors associated with non-utilization of the CY program.
- Effect of previous utilization and out-of-pocket expenditure on subsequent utilization of a state led public-private partnership scheme "Chiranjeevi Yojana" to promote facility births in Gujarat, India.
- Authors: Yasobant S, Shewade HD, Vora KS, Annerstedt KS, Isaakidis P, Dholakia NB, Mavalankar DV
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 25
- Statewide program to promote institutional delivery in Gujarat, India: who participates and the degree of financial subsidy provided by the Chiranjeevi Yojana program.
- Authors: Sidney K, Iyer V, Vora K, Mavalankar D, De Costa A
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 27
- Characteristics of private partners in Chiranjeevi Yojana, a public-private-partnership to promote institutional births in Gujarat, India - Lessons for universal health coverage.
- Authors: Iyer V, Sidney K, Mehta R, Mavalankar D, De Costa A
- Issue date: 2017
- The state-led large scale public private partnership 'Chiranjeevi Program' to increase access to institutional delivery among poor women in Gujarat, India: How has it done? What can we learn?
- Authors: De Costa A, Vora KS, Ryan K, Sankara Raman P, Santacatterina M, Mavalankar D
- Issue date: 2014
- Predictors of maternal health services utilization by poor, rural women: a comparative study in Indian States of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
- Authors: Vora KS, Koblinsky SA, Koblinsky MA
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 31