In Vivo Efficacy of Artesunate-Amodiaquine and Artemether-Lumefantrine for the Treatment of Uncomplicated Falciparum Malaria: an Open-Randomized, Non-Inferiority Clinical Trial in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo
Authorsde Wit, M
Bahizi Bizoza, P
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBetween 2009 and 2012, malaria cases diagnosed in a Médecins sans Frontières programme have increased fivefold in Baraka, South Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The cause of this increase is not known. An in vivo drug efficacy trial was conducted to determine whether increased treatment failure rates may have contributed to the apparent increase in malaria diagnoses.
PublisherBioMed Central (Springer Science)
- Efficacy of fixed-dose combination artesunate-amodiaquine versus artemether-lumefantrine for uncomplicated childhood Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Democratic Republic of Congo: a randomized non-inferiority trial.
- Authors: Espié E, Lima A, Atua B, Dhorda M, Flévaud L, Sompwe EM, Palma Urrutia PP, Guerin PJ
- Issue date: 2012 May 25
- In vivo efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine and artesunate-amodiaquine for uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Malawi, 2014.
- Authors: Paczkowski M, Mwandama D, Marthey D, Luka M, Makuta G, Sande J, Ali D, Troell P, Mathanga DP, Gutman J
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 26
- Artesunate-amodiaquine versus artemether-lumefantrine for the treatment of acute uncomplicated malaria in Congolese children under 10 years old living in a suburban area: a randomized study.
- Authors: Ndounga M, Pembe Issamou Mayengue, Casimiro PN, Koukouikila-Koussounda F, Bitemo M, Diassivy Matondo B, Ndounga Diakou LA, Basco LK, Ntoumi F
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 29
- Repeated treatment of recurrent uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Senegal with fixed-dose artesunate plus amodiaquine versus fixed-dose artemether plus lumefantrine: a randomized, open-label trial.
- Authors: Ndiaye JL, Faye B, Gueye A, Tine R, Ndiaye D, Tchania C, Ndiaye I, Barry A, Cissé B, Lameyre V, Gaye O
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 12
- Randomized, multicentre assessment of the efficacy and safety of ASAQ--a fixed-dose artesunate-amodiaquine combination therapy in the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
- Authors: Ndiaye JL, Randrianarivelojosia M, Sagara I, Brasseur P, Ndiaye I, Faye B, Randrianasolo L, Ratsimbasoa A, Forlemu D, Moor VA, Traore A, Dicko Y, Dara N, Lameyre V, Diallo M, Djimde A, Same-Ekobo A, Gaye O
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 8