Prevalence and Diagnostics of Congenital Malaria in Rural Burundi, a Cross-Sectional Study
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCongenital malaria, defined as the presence of asexual forms of malaria parasites in the peripheral blood during the first 7 days of life, remains a neglected area of research. Knowledge gaps exist about prevalence and management of malaria in this age group. The objective of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of congenital malaria and the validity of a rapid diagnostic test (RDT) for its diagnosis in rural Burundi.
- Improving the Specificity of Plasmodium falciparum Malaria Diagnosis in High-Transmission Settings with a Two-Step Rapid Diagnostic Test and Microscopy Algorithm.
- Authors: Murungi M, Fulton T, Reyes R, Matte M, Ntaro M, Mulogo E, Nyehangane D, Juliano JJ, Siedner MJ, Boum Y 2nd, Boyce RM
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Clinical diagnostic evaluation of HRP2 and pLDH-based rapid diagnostic tests for malaria in an area receiving seasonal malaria chemoprevention in Niger.
- Authors: Coldiron ME, Assao B, Langendorf C, Sayinzoga-Makombe N, Ciglenecki I, de la Tour R, Piriou E, Yarima Bako M, Mumina A, Guindo O, Page AL, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 26
- Assessing the performance of only HRP2 and HRP2 with pLDH based rapid diagnostic tests for the diagnosis of malaria in middle Ghana, Africa.
- Authors: Adu-Gyasi D, Asante KP, Amoako S, Amoako N, Ankrah L, Dosoo D, Tchum SK, Adjei G, Agyei O, Amenga-Etego S, Owusu-Agyei S
- Issue date: 2018
- False-negative malaria rapid diagnostic tests in Rwanda: impact of Plasmodium falciparum isolates lacking hrp2 and declining malaria transmission.
- Authors: Kozycki CT, Umulisa N, Rulisa S, Mwikarago EI, Musabyimana JP, Habimana JP, Karema C, Krogstad DJ
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 20
- Evaluation of three parasite lactate dehydrogenase-based rapid diagnostic tests for the diagnosis of falciparum and vivax malaria.
- Authors: Ashley EA, Touabi M, Ahrer M, Hutagalung R, Htun K, Luchavez J, Dureza C, Proux S, Leimanis M, Lwin MM, Koscalova A, Comte E, Hamade P, Page AL, Nosten F, Guerin PJ
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 27