Assessing the Asymptomatic Reservoir and Dihydroartemisinin-Piperaquine Effectiveness in a Low Transmission Setting Threatened by Artemisinin Resistant Plasmodium Falciparum
Van Den Bergh, R
De Smet, M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn Cambodia, elimination of artemisinin resistance through direct elimination of the Plasmodium falciparum parasite may be the only strategy. Prevalence and incidence at district and village levels were assessed in Chey Saen district, Preah Vihear province, North of Cambodia. Molecular and clinical indicators for artemisinin resistance were documented.
- Plasmodium prevalence and artemisinin-resistant falciparum malaria in Preah Vihear Province, Cambodia: a cross-sectional population-based study.
- Authors: Bosman P, Stassijns J, Nackers F, Canier L, Kim N, Khim S, Alipon SC, Chuor Char M, Chea N, Dysoley L, Van den Bergh R, Etienne W, De Smet M, Ménard D, Kindermans JM
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 6
- Dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine resistance in Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Cambodia: a multisite prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Amaratunga C, Lim P, Suon S, Sreng S, Mao S, Sopha C, Sam B, Dek D, Try V, Amato R, Blessborn D, Song L, Tullo GS, Fay MP, Anderson JM, Tarning J, Fairhurst RM
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine failure associated with a triple mutant including kelch13 C580Y in Cambodia: an observational cohort study.
- Authors: Spring MD, Lin JT, Manning JE, Vanachayangkul P, Somethy S, Bun R, Se Y, Chann S, Ittiverakul M, Sia-ngam P, Kuntawunginn W, Arsanok M, Buathong N, Chaorattanakawee S, Gosi P, Ta-aksorn W, Chanarat N, Sundrakes S, Kong N, Heng TK, Nou S, Teja-isavadharm P, Pichyangkul S, Phann ST, Balasubramanian S, Juliano JJ, Meshnick SR, Chour CM, Prom S, Lanteri CA, Lon C, Saunders DL
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Rapid decline in the susceptibility of Plasmodium falciparum to dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine in the south of Vietnam.
- Authors: Thanh NV, Thuy-Nhien N, Tuyen NT, Tong NT, Nha-Ca NT, Dong LT, Quang HH, Farrar J, Thwaites G, White NJ, Wolbers M, Hien TT
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 13
- Ex vivo susceptibility of Plasmodium falciparum to antimalarial drugs in western, northern, and eastern Cambodia, 2011-2012: association with molecular markers.
- Authors: Lim P, Dek D, Try V, Eastman RT, Chy S, Sreng S, Suon S, Mao S, Sopha C, Sam B, Ashley EA, Miotto O, Dondorp AM, White NJ, Su XZ, Char MC, Anderson JM, Amaratunga C, Menard D, Fairhurst RM
- Issue date: 2013 Nov