Evaluation of Pastorex Meningitis Kit Performance for the Rapid Identification of Neisseria Meningitidis Serogroup C in Nigeria
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNeisseria meningitidis serogroup C (NmC) has caused outbreaks in Nigeria of increasing size in three consecutive years since 2013. Rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) for meningitis can facilitate quick identification of the causative pathogen; Pastorex can detect N. meningitidis serogroups A, C (NmC), Y/W135, N. meningitidis serogroup B/Escherichia coli K1, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), Streptococcus pneumoniae, and group B Streptococcus. There is no published field evaluation of Pastorex in the identification of NmC. We report our experience with Pastorex in detecting NmC in field conditions.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Evaluation of the Pastorex meningitis kit for the rapid identification of Neisseria meningitidis serogroups A and W135.
- Authors: Djibo S, Njanpop Lafourcade BM, Boisier P, Moussa A, Kobo G, Sidikou F, Hien A, Bieboure G, Aguilera JF, Parent du Chatelet I, Gessner BD, Chanteau S
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- High sensitivity and specificity of the Pastorex latex agglutination test for Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A during a clinical trial in Niger.
- Authors: Borel T, Rose AM, Guillerm M, Sidikou F, Gerstl S, Djibo A, Nathan N, Chanteau S, Guerin PJ
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- New rapid diagnostic tests for Neisseria meningitidis serogroups A, W135, C, and Y.
- Authors: Chanteau S, Dartevelle S, Mahamane AE, Djibo S, Boisier P, Nato F
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Field evaluation of two rapid diagnostic tests for Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A during the 2006 outbreak in Niger.
- Authors: Rose AM, Gerstl S, Mahamane AE, Sidikou F, Djibo S, Bonte L, Caugant DA, Guerin PJ, Chanteau S
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 5
- Sequential outbreaks due to a new strain of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C in northern Nigeria, 2013-14.
- Authors: Funk A, Uadiale K, Kamau C, Caugant DA, Ango U, Greig J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 29