Is There a Need for Viral Load Testing to Assess Treatment Failure in HIV-Infected Patients Who Are about to Change to Tenofovir-Based First-Line Antiretroviral Therapy? Programmatic Findings from Myanmar
Thein Than Tun, S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWHO recommends that stavudine is phased out of antiretroviral therapy (ART) programmes and replaced with tenofovir (TDF) for first-line treatment. In this context, the Integrated HIV Care Program, Myanmar, evaluated patients for ART failure using HIV RNA viral load (VL) before making the change. We aimed to determine prevalence and determinants of ART failure in those on first-line treatment.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Treatment failure and drug resistance in HIV-positive patients on tenofovir-based first-line antiretroviral therapy in western Kenya.
- Authors: Brooks K, Diero L, DeLong A, Balamane M, Reitsma M, Kemboi E, Orido M, Emonyi W, Coetzer M, Hogan J, Kantor R
- Issue date: 2016
- Adoption of routine virologic testing and predictors of virologic failure among HIV-infected children on antiretroviral treatment in western Kenya.
- Authors: Kadima J, Patterson E, Mburu M, Blat C, Nyanduko M, Bukusi EA, Cohen C, Oyaro P, Abuogi L
- Issue date: 2018
- Drug resistance mutations after the first 12 months on antiretroviral therapy and determinants of virological failure in Rwanda.
- Authors: Ndahimana Jd, Riedel DJ, Mwumvaneza M, Sebuhoro D, Uwimbabazi JC, Kubwimana M, Mugabo J, Mulindabigwi A, Kirk C, Kanters S, Forrest JI, Jagodzinski LL, Peel SA, Ribakare M, Redfield RR, Nsanzimana S
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Long-term outcomes of second-line antiretroviral treatment in an adult and adolescent cohort in Myanmar.
- Authors: Kyaw NTT, Kumar AMV, Oo MM, Oo HN, Kyaw KWY, Thiha S, Aung TK, Win T, Mon YY, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2017
- High rate of virological failure and low rate of switching to second-line treatment among adolescents and adults living with HIV on first-line ART in Myanmar, 2005-2015.
- Authors: Kyaw NT, Harries AD, Kumar AM, Oo MM, Kyaw KW, Win T, Aung TK, Min AC, Oo HN
- Issue date: 2017