Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention with Sulphadoxine-Pyrimethamine and Amodiaquine Selects Pfdhfr-dhps Quintuple Mutant Genotype in Mali
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) with sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) plus amodiaquine (AQ) is being scaled up in Sahelian countries of West Africa. However, the potential development of Plasmodium falciparum resistance to the respective component drugs is a major concern.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Prevalence of molecular markers of drug resistance in an area of seasonal malaria chemoprevention in children in Senegal.
- Authors: Lo AC, Faye B, Ba el-H, Cisse B, Tine R, Abiola A, Ndiaye M, Ndiaye JL, Ndiaye D, Sokhna C, Gomis JF, Dieng Y, Faye O, Ndir O, Milligan P, Cairns M, Hallett R, Sutherland C, Gaye O
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 23
- Selection of drug resistance-mediating Plasmodium falciparum genetic polymorphisms by seasonal malaria chemoprevention in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Somé AF, Zongo I, Compaoré YD, Sakandé S, Nosten F, Ouédraogo JB, Rosenthal PJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Rapid increase of Plasmodium falciparum dhfr/dhps resistant haplotypes, after the adoption of sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine as first line treatment in 2002, in southern Mozambique.
- Authors: Enosse S, Magnussen P, Abacassamo F, Gómez-Olivé X, Rønn AM, Thompson R, Alifrangis M
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 1
- Prevalence of molecular markers of Plasmodium falciparum drug resistance in Dakar, Senegal.
- Authors: Wurtz N, Fall B, Pascual A, Diawara S, Sow K, Baret E, Diatta B, Fall KB, Mbaye PS, Fall F, Diémé Y, Rogier C, Bercion R, Briolant S, Wade B, Pradines B
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 13
- Markers of anti-malarial drug resistance in Plasmodium falciparum isolates from Swaziland: identification of pfmdr1-86F in natural parasite isolates.
- Authors: Dlamini SV, Beshir K, Sutherland CJ
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 3