Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention with Sulphadoxine-Pyrimethamine and Amodiaquine Selects Pfdhfr-dhps Quintuple Mutant Genotype in Mali
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) with sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) plus amodiaquine (AQ) is being scaled up in Sahelian countries of West Africa. However, the potential development of Plasmodium falciparum resistance to the respective component drugs is a major concern.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Prevalence of molecular markers of drug resistance in an area of seasonal malaria chemoprevention in children in Senegal.
- Authors: Lo AC, Faye B, Ba el-H, Cisse B, Tine R, Abiola A, Ndiaye M, Ndiaye JL, Ndiaye D, Sokhna C, Gomis JF, Dieng Y, Faye O, Ndir O, Milligan P, Cairns M, Hallett R, Sutherland C, Gaye O
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 23
- Selection of drug resistance-mediating Plasmodium falciparum genetic polymorphisms by seasonal malaria chemoprevention in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Somé AF, Zongo I, Compaoré YD, Sakandé S, Nosten F, Ouédraogo JB, Rosenthal PJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Molecular surveillance of Plasmodium falciparum drug resistance markers reveals partial recovery of chloroquine susceptibility but sustained sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance at two sites of different malaria transmission intensities in Rwanda.
- Authors: Kateera F, Nsobya SL, Tukwasibwe S, Hakizimana E, Mutesa L, Mens PF, Grobusch MP, van Vugt M, Kumar N
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Effectiveness of seasonal malaria chemoprevention at scale in west and central Africa: an observational study.
- Authors: ACCESS-SMC Partnership.
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 5
- Characterization of Plasmodium falciparum genes associated with drug resistance in Hodh Elgharbi, a malaria hotspot near Malian-Mauritanian border.
- Authors: Ould Ahmedou Salem MS, Mint Lekweiry K, Bouchiba H, Pascual A, Pradines B, Ould Mohamed Salem Boukhary A, Briolant S, Basco LK, Bogreau H
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 5