Efficacy and Safety of AmBisome in Combination with Sodium Stibogluconate or Miltefosine and Miltefosine Monotherapy for African Visceral Leishmaniasis: Phase II Randomized Trial
Strub Wourgaft, N
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractSSG&PM over 17 days is recommended as first line treatment for visceral leishmaniasis in eastern Africa, but is painful and requires hospitalization. Combination regimens including AmBisome and miltefosine are safe and effective in India, but there are no published data from trials of combination therapies including these drugs from Africa.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
- Safety and efficacy of short course combination regimens with AmBisome, miltefosine and paromomycin for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis (VL) in Bangladesh.
- Authors: Rahman R, Goyal V, Haque R, Jamil K, Faiz A, Samad R, Ellis S, Balasegaram M, Boer MD, Rijal S, Strub-Wourgaft N, Alves F, Alvar J, Sharma B
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Safety and efficacy of miltefosine alone and in combination with sodium stibogluconate and liposomal amphotericin B for the treatment of primary visceral leishmaniasis in East Africa: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Omollo R, Alexander N, Edwards T, Khalil EA, Younis BM, Abuzaid AA, Wasunna M, Njoroge N, Kinoti D, Kirigi G, Dorlo TP, Ellis S, Balasegaram M, Musa AM
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 30
- A randomized trial of AmBisome monotherapy and AmBisome and miltefosine combination to treat visceral leishmaniasis in HIV co-infected patients in Ethiopia.
- Authors: Diro E, Blesson S, Edwards T, Ritmeijer K, Fikre H, Admassu H, Kibret A, Ellis SJ, Bardonneau C, Zijlstra EE, Soipei P, Mutinda B, Omollo R, Kimutai R, Omwalo G, Wasunna M, Tadesse F, Alves F, Strub-Wourgaft N, Hailu A, Alexander N, Alvar J
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Comparison of short-course multidrug treatment with standard therapy for visceral leishmaniasis in India: an open-label, non-inferiority, randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Sundar S, Sinha PK, Rai M, Verma DK, Nawin K, Alam S, Chakravarty J, Vaillant M, Verma N, Pandey K, Kumari P, Lal CS, Arora R, Sharma B, Ellis S, Strub-Wourgaft N, Balasegaram M, Olliaro P, Das P, Modabber F
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 5
- Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Efficacy of an Allometric Miltefosine Regimen for the Treatment of Visceral Leishmaniasis in Eastern African Children: An Open-label, Phase II Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Mbui J, Olobo J, Omollo R, Solomos A, Kip AE, Kirigi G, Sagaki P, Kimutai R, Were L, Omollo T, Egondi TW, Wasunna M, Alvar J, Dorlo TPC, Alves F
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 24