Emergency Department Care For Trauma Patients In Settings Of Active Conflict Versus Urban Violence: All Of The Same Calibre?
Van den Bergh, R
van den Boogaard, W
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTrauma is a leading cause of death and represents a major problem in developing countries where access to good quality emergency care is limited. Médecins Sans Frontières delivered a standard package of care in two trauma emergency departments (EDs) in different violence settings: Kunduz, Afghanistan, and Tabarre, Haiti. This study aims to assess whether this standard package resulted in similar performance in these very different contexts.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Inter-rater and intrarater reliability of the South African Triage Scale in low-resource settings of Haiti and Afghanistan.
- Authors: Dalwai M, Tayler-Smith K, Twomey M, Nasim M, Popal AQ, Haqdost WH, Gayraud O, Cheréstal S, Wallis L, Valles P
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- The modified south African triage scale system for mortality prediction in resource-constrained emergency surgical centers: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Massaut J, Valles P, Ghismonde A, Jacques CJ, Louis LP, Zakir A, Van den Bergh R, Santiague L, Massenat RB, Edema N
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 23
- Before the bombing: High burden of traumatic injuries in Kunduz Trauma Center, Kunduz, Afghanistan.
- Authors: Hemat H, Shah S, Isaakidis P, Das M, Kyaw NT, Zaheer S, Qasemy AQ, Zakir M, Mahama G, Van Overloop C, Dominguez L
- Issue date: 2017
- Undertriage of Trauma-Related Deaths in U.S. Emergency Departments.
- Authors: Holst JA, Perman SM, Capp R, Haukoos JS, Ginde AA
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Orthopaedic surgery in natural disaster and conflict settings: how can quality care be ensured?
- Authors: Alvarado O, Trelles M, Tayler-Smith K, Joseph H, Gesline R, Wilna TE, Mohammad Omar MK, Faiz Mohammad NM, Muhima Mastaki J, Chingumwa Buhu R, Caluwaerts A, Dominguez L
- Issue date: 2015 Oct