High Seroconversion Rates in Trypanosoma Cruzi Chronic Infection Treated with Benznidazole in People Under 16 Years in Guatemala
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGeographical, epidemiological, and environmental differences associated with therapeutic response to Chagas etiological treatment have been previously discussed. This study describes high seroconversion rates 72 months after benznidazole treatment in patients under 16 years from a project implemented by Doctors without Borders in Guatemala.
- Feasibility, drug safety, and effectiveness of etiological treatment programs for Chagas disease in Honduras, Guatemala, and Bolivia: 10-year experience of Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Authors: Yun O, Lima MA, Ellman T, Chambi W, Castillo S, Flevaud L, Roddy P, Parreño F, Albajar Viñas P, Palma PP
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 7
- Course of Chronic Trypanosoma cruzi Infection after Treatment Based on Parasitological and Serological Tests: A Systematic Review of Follow-Up Studies.
- Authors: Sguassero Y, Cuesta CB, Roberts KN, Hicks E, Comandé D, Ciapponi A, Sosa-Estani S
- Issue date: 2015
- Treatment and seroconversion in a cohort of children suffering from recent chronic Chagas infection in Yoro, Honduras.
- Authors: Escribà JM, Ponce E, Romero Ade D, Viñas PA, Marchiol A, Bassets G, Palma PP, Lima MA, Zúniga C, Ponce C
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Randomised trial of efficacy of benznidazole in treatment of early Trypanosoma cruzi infection.
- Authors: de Andrade AL, Zicker F, de Oliveira RM, Almeida Silva S, Luquetti A, Travassos LR, Almeida IC, de Andrade SS, de Andrade JG, Martelli CM
- Issue date: 1996 Nov 23
- Antibody drop in newborns congenitally infected by Trypanosoma cruzi treated with benznidazole.
- Authors: Chippaux JP, Clavijo AN, Santalla JA, Postigo JR, Schneider D, Brutus L
- Issue date: 2010 Jan