Building Global Capacity for Conducting Operational Research Using the SORT IT Model: Where and Who?
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractResearch capacity is weakest in low and middle-income countries (LMICs) where operational research is highly relevant and needed. Structured Operational Research and Training Initiative (SORT IT) courses have been developed to train participants to conduct and publish operational research and influence policy and practice. Twenty courses were completed in Asia, Africa, Europe and the South Pacific between 2009 and 2014.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Research to policy and practice change: is capacity building in operational research delivering the goods?
- Authors: Zachariah R, Guillerm N, Berger S, Kumar AM, Satyanarayana S, Bissell K, Edginton M, Hinderaker SG, Tayler-Smith K, Van den Bergh R, Khogali M, Manzi M, Reid AJ, Ramsay A, Reeder JC, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Does the Structured Operational Research and Training Initiative (SORT IT) continue to influence health policy and/or practice?
- Authors: Tripathy JP, Kumar AM, Guillerm N, Berger SD, Bissell K, Reid A, Zachariah R, Ramsay A, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2018
- Adapting operational research training to the Rwandan context: the Intermediate Operational Research Training programme.
- Authors: Odhiambo J, Amoroso CL, Barebwanuwe P, Warugaba C, Hedt-Gauthier BL
- Issue date: 2017
- Does research through Structured Operational Research and Training (SORT IT) courses impact policy and practice?
- Authors: Kumar AM, Shewade HD, Tripathy JP, Guillerm N, Tayler-Smith K, Berger SD, Bissell K, Reid AJ, Zachariah R, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- Blended SORT-IT for operational research capacity building: the model, its successes and challenges.
- Authors: Decroo T, Van den Bergh R, Kumar AMV, Zachariah R, Schillberg E, Owiti P, van den Boogaard W, Benedetti G, Shah S, Ali E, Harries AD, Reid AJ
- Issue date: 2018