Population-Level Effect of Cholera Vaccine on Displaced Populations, South Sudan, 2014
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmerging Infectious Diseases
AbstractFollowing mass population displacements in South Sudan, preventive cholera vaccination campaigns were conducted in displaced persons camps before a 2014 cholera outbreak. We compare cholera transmission in vaccinated and unvaccinated areas and show vaccination likely halted transmission within vaccinated areas, illustrating the potential for oral cholera vaccine to stop cholera transmission in vulnerable populations.
PublisherCenter for Disease Control
- Feasibility of a preventive mass vaccination campaign with two doses of oral cholera vaccine during a humanitarian emergency in South Sudan.
- Authors: Porta MI, Lenglet A, de Weerdt S, Crestani R, Sinke R, Frawley MJ, Van Herp M, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Immune Responses to an Oral Cholera Vaccine in Internally Displaced Persons in South Sudan.
- Authors: Iyer AS, Bouhenia M, Rumunu J, Abubakar A, Gruninger RJ, Pita J, Lino RL, Deng LL, Wamala JF, Ryan ET, Martin S, Legros D, Lessler J, Sack DA, Luquero FJ, Leung DT, Azman AS
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 24
- Oral Cholera Vaccine Coverage during an Outbreak and Humanitarian Crisis, Iraq, 2015.
- Authors: Lam E, Al-Tamimi W, Russell SP, Butt MO, Blanton C, Musani AS, Date K
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Neighborhood-targeted and case-triggered use of a single dose of oral cholera vaccine in an urban setting: Feasibility and vaccine coverage.
- Authors: Parker LA, Rumunu J, Jamet C, Kenyi Y, Lino RL, Wamala JF, Mpairwe AM, Muller V, Llosa AE, Uzzeni F, Luquero FJ, Ciglenecki I, Azman AS
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Effectiveness of an oral cholera vaccine in Zanzibar: findings from a mass vaccination campaign and observational cohort study.
- Authors: Khatib AM, Ali M, von Seidlein L, Kim DR, Hashim R, Reyburn R, Ley B, Thriemer K, Enwere G, Hutubessy R, Aguado MT, Kieny MP, Lopez AL, Wierzba TF, Ali SM, Saleh AA, Mukhopadhyay AK, Clemens J, Jiddawi MS, Deen J
- Issue date: 2012 Nov