Xpert(®) MTB/RIF for Detection of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis From Frozen String and Induced Sputum Sediments
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease: the official Journal of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
AbstractAlthough it is now widely used for tuberculosis (TB) diagnosis, Xpert(®) MTB/RIF availability remains inadequate in low-resource settings. Moreover, its accuracy in testing stored samples from non-expectorating patients has not been evaluated.
- Improved performance of Xpert MTB/RIF assay on sputum sediment samples obtained from presumptive pulmonary tuberculosis cases at Kibong'oto infectious diseases hospital in Tanzania.
- Authors: Mbelele PM, Aboud S, Mpagama SG, Matee MI
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 29
- Accuracy of different Xpert MTB/Rif implementation strategies in programmatic settings at the regional referral hospitals in Uganda: Evidence for country wide roll out.
- Authors: Muttamba W, Ssengooba W, Sekibira R, Kirenga B, Katamba A, Joloba M
- Issue date: 2018
- Evaluation of the Xpert MTB/RIF test for the diagnosis of childhood pulmonary tuberculosis in Uganda: a cross-sectional diagnostic study.
- Authors: Sekadde MP, Wobudeya E, Joloba ML, Ssengooba W, Kisembo H, Bakeera-Kitaka S, Musoke P
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 12
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with other nucleic acid technologies for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting: a prospective study.
- Authors: Scott LE, McCarthy K, Gous N, Nduna M, Van Rie A, Sanne I, Venter WF, Duse A, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Xpert(®) MTB/RIF detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from sputum collected in molecular transport medium.
- Authors: Daum LT, Fourie PB, Peters RP, Rodriguez JD, Worthy SA, Khubbar M, Bhattacharyya S, Gradus MS, Mboneni T, Marubini EE, Helm C, Chambers JP, Fischer GW
- Issue date: 2016 Aug