First Newborn Baby to Receive Experimental Therapies Survives Ebola Virus Disease
De Clerck, H
Van Herp, M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA neonate born to an Ebola virus-positive woman was diagnosed with Ebola virus infection on her first day of life. The patient was treated with monoclonal antibodies (ZMapp), a buffy coat transfusion from an Ebola survivor, and the broad-spectrum antiviral GS-5734. On day 20, a venous blood specimen tested negative for Ebola virus by quantitative reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction. The patient was discharged in good health on day 33 of life. Further follow-up consultations showed age-appropriate weight gain and neurodevelopment at the age of 12 months. This patient is the first neonate documented to have survived congenital infection with Ebola virus.
PublisherOxford University Press
- New treatments for Ebola virus disease.
- Authors: Lucey DR
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 6
- A Randomized, Controlled Trial of Ebola Virus Disease Therapeutics.
- Authors: Mulangu S, Dodd LE, Davey RT Jr, Tshiani Mbaya O, Proschan M, Mukadi D, Lusakibanza Manzo M, Nzolo D, Tshomba Oloma A, Ibanda A, Ali R, Coulibaly S, Levine AC, Grais R, Diaz J, Lane HC, Muyembe-Tamfum JJ, PALM Writing Group., Sivahera B, Camara M, Kojan R, Walker R, Dighero-Kemp B, Cao H, Mukumbayi P, Mbala-Kingebeni P, Ahuka S, Albert S, Bonnett T, Crozier I, Duvenhage M, Proffitt C, Teitelbaum M, Moench T, Aboulhab J, Barrett K, Cahill K, Cone K, Eckes R, Hensley L, Herpin B, Higgs E, Ledgerwood J, Pierson J, Smolskis M, Sow Y, Tierney J, Sivapalasingam S, Holman W, Gettinger N, Vallée D, Nordwall J, PALM Consortium Study Team.
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 12
- Randomised controlled trial begins for Ebola therapeutics.
- Authors: Nakkazi E
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 1
- Nubia's mother: being pregnant in the time of experimental vaccines and therapeutics for Ebola.
- Authors: Caluwaerts S
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 14
- Ebola-negative neonates born to Ebola-infected mothers after monoclonal antibody therapy: a case series.
- Authors: Ottoni MP, Ricciardone JD, Nadimpalli A, Singh S, Katsomya AM, Pokoso LM, Petrucci R
- Issue date: 2020 Dec