Incremental Yield of Including Determine-TB LAM Assay in Diagnostic Algorithms for Hospitalized and Ambulatory HIV-Positive Patients in Kenya
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDetermine-TB LAM assay is a urine point-of-care test useful for TB diagnosis in HIV-positive patients. We assessed the incremental diagnostic yield of adding LAM to algorithms based on clinical signs, sputum smear-microscopy, chest X-ray and Xpert MTB/RIF in HIV-positive patients with symptoms of pulmonary TB (PTB).
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Diagnostic accuracy of a low-cost, urine antigen, point-of-care screening assay for HIV-associated pulmonary tuberculosis before antiretroviral therapy: a descriptive study.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Kerkhoff AD, Vogt M, Wood R
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Diagnostic value of the urine lipoarabinomannan assay in HIV-positive, ambulatory patients with CD4 below 200 cells/μl in 2 low-resource settings: A prospective observational study.
- Authors: Huerga H, Mathabire Rucker SC, Cossa L, Bastard M, Amoros I, Manhiça I, Mbendera K, Telnov A, Szumilin E, Sanchez-Padilla E, Molfino L
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Test characteristics and potential impact of the urine LAM lateral flow assay in HIV-infected outpatients under investigation for TB and able to self-expectorate sputum for diagnostic testing.
- Authors: Peter J, Theron G, Chanda D, Clowes P, Rachow A, Lesosky M, Hoelscher M, Mwaba P, Pym A, Dheda K, TB-NEAT team.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 9
- Diagnostic accuracy, incremental yield and prognostic value of Determine TB-LAM for routine diagnostic testing for tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients requiring acute hospital admission in South Africa: a prospective cohort.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Kerkhoff AD, Burton R, Schutz C, Boulle A, Vogt M, Gupta-Wright A, Nicol MP, Meintjes G
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 21
- Incremental yield and cost of urine Determine TB-LAM and sputum induction in seriously ill adults with HIV.
- Authors: Boyles TH, Griesel R, Stewart A, Mendelson M, Maartens G
- Issue date: 2018 Oct