Examples of Bedaquiline Introduction for the Management of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis in Five Countries
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease : the Official Journal of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
AbstractFor the first time in almost 50 years, there are new drugs available for the treatment of tuberculosis (TB), including bedaquiline (BDQ) and delamanid (DLM). The rate of introduction, however, has not kept pace with patient needs. It is estimated that as many as 23% of multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) patients have an indication for receiving BDQ. As this is the first time the MDR-TB community is introducing new medications, it is important to understand how implementation can be developed in a variety of settings.
DescriptionAbstract available only, full article is not open access. To access this article click on "additional links".
- Global programmatic use of bedaquiline and delamanid for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Cox V, Brigden G, Crespo RH, Lessem E, Lynch S, Rich ML, Waning B, Furin J
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 1
- The endTB observational study protocol: treatment of MDR-TB with bedaquiline or delamanid containing regimens.
- Authors: Khan U, Huerga H, Khan AJ, Mitnick CD, Hewison C, Varaine F, Bastard M, Rich M, Franke MF, Atwood S, Khan PY, Seung KJ
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 20
- Modeling the impact of bedaquiline treatment strategies on the multidrug-resistant tuberculosis burden in India.
- Authors: Mehra M, Kambili C, Potluri R, Rhines A, Singh V, Thomas A
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1
- Access to new medications for the treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis: patient, provider and community perspectives.
- Authors: Lessem E, Cox H, Daniels C, Furin J, McKenna L, Mitnick CD, Mosidi T, Reed C, Seaworth B, Stillo J, Tisile P, von Delft D
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Tradeoffs in Introduction Policies for the Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Bedaquiline: A Model-Based Analysis.
- Authors: Kunkel A, Cobelens FG, Cohen T
- Issue date: 2016 Oct