Disaster Preparedness and Response Improvement: Comparison of the 2010 Haiti Earthquake-Related Diagnoses with Baseline Medical Data
Authorsvan Berlaer, G
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEuropean Journal of Emergency Medicine : Official Journal of the European Society for Emergency Medicine
AbstractDisaster medicine research generally lacks control groups. This study aims to describe categories of diagnoses encountered by the Belgian First Aid and Support Team after the 2010 Haiti earthquake and extract earthquake-related changes from comparison with comparable baseline data. The hypothesis is that besides earthquake-related trauma, medical problems emerge soon, questioning an appropriate composition of Foreign Medical Teams and Interagency Emergency Health Kits.
- Post-earthquake injuries treated at a field hospital --- Haiti, 2010.
- Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 7
- The injury burden of the 2010 Haiti earthquake: a stratified cluster survey.
- Authors: Doocy S, Jacquet G, Cherewick M, Kirsch TD
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Médecins sans frontières experience in orthopedic surgery in postearthquake Haiti in 2010.
- Authors: Teicher CL, Alberti K, Porten K, Elder G, Baron E, Herard P
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Medical response to the 2009 Sumatra earthquake: health needs in the post-disaster period.
- Authors: Tan CM, Lee VJ, Chang GH, Ang HX, Seet B
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Medical evacuation management and clinical characteristics of 3,255 inpatients after the 2010 Yushu earthquake in China.
- Authors: Kang P, Zhang L, Liang W, Zhu Z, Liu Y, Liu X, Yang H
- Issue date: 2012 Jun