Surgery for Conditions of Infectious Etiology in Resource-Limited Countries Affected by Crisis: The Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels Experience
Stewart, Barclay T
Hangi, Theophile Kubuya
Kushner, Adam L
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSurgery for infection represents a substantial, although undefined, disease burden in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Médecins Sans Frontières-Operations Centre Brussels (MSF-OCB) provides surgical care in LMICs and collects data useful for describing operative epidemiology of surgical need otherwise unmet by national health services. This study aimed to describe the experience of MSF-OCB operations for infections in LMICs. By doing so, the results might aid effective resource allocation and preparation of future humanitarian staff.
PublisherMary Ann Liebert, Inc.
- Care of surgical infections by Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels in 2008-14.
- Authors: Sharma D, Hayman K, Stewart BT, Dominguez L, Trelles M, Saqeb S, Kasonga C, Hangi TK, Mupenda J, Naseer A, Wong E, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 27
- Surgical Burn Care by Médecins Sans Frontières-Operations Center Brussels: 2008 to 2014.
- Authors: Stewart BT, Trelles M, Dominguez L, Wong E, Fiozounam HT, Hassani GH, Akemani C, Naseer A, Ntawukiruwabo IB, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2016 Nov/Dec
- Surgery for children in low-income countries affected by humanitarian emergencies from 2008 to 2014: The Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels experience.
- Authors: Flynn-O'Brien KT, Trelles M, Dominguez L, Hassani GH, Akemani C, Naseer A, Ntawukiruwabo IB, Kushner AL, Rothstein DH, Stewart BT
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Operative trauma in low-resource settings: The experience of Médecins Sans Frontières in environments of conflict, postconflict, and disaster.
- Authors: Wong EG, Dominguez L, Trelles M, Ayobi S, Hazraty KR, Kasonga C, Basimuoneye JP, Santiague L, Kamal M, Rahmoun A, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 May
- An Analysis of Cesarean Section and Emergency Hernia Ratios as Markers of Surgical Capacity in Low-Income Countries Affected by Humanitarian Emergencies from 2008 - 2014 at Médecins sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels Projects.
- Authors: Stewart B, Wong E, Papillon-Smith J, Trelles Centurion MA, Dominguez L, Ao S, Jean-Paul BK, Kamal M, Helmand R, Naseer A, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 27