Operative trauma in low-resource settings: The experience of Médecins Sans Frontières in environments of conflict, postconflict, and disaster
AuthorsWong, Evan G
Hazraty, Khalil Rahman
Kushner, Adam L
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConflicts and disasters remain prevalent in low- and middle-income countries, and injury remains a leading cause of death worldwide. The objective of this study was to describe the operative procedures performed for injury-related pathologies at facilities supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) to guide the planning of future responses.
- Surgical Care of Pediatric Patients in the Humanitarian Setting: The Médecins Sans Frontières Experience, 2012-2013.
- Authors: Trudeau MO, Baron E, Hérard P, Labar AS, Lassalle X, Teicher CL, Rothstein DH
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Surgical skills needed for humanitarian missions in resource-limited settings: common operative procedures performed at Médecins Sans Frontières facilities.
- Authors: Wong EG, Trelles M, Dominguez L, Gupta S, Burnham G, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Surgery for Conditions of Infectious Etiology in Resource-Limited Countries Affected by Crisis: The Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels Experience.
- Authors: Sharma D, Hayman K, Stewart BT, Dominguez L, Trelles M, Saqeb S, Kasonga C, Hangi TK, Mupenda J, Naseer A, Wong E, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Perioperative mortality: Analysis of 3 years of operative data across 7 general surgical projects of Médecins Sans Frontières in Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and South Sudan.
- Authors: Davies JF, Lenglet A, van Wijhe M, Ariti C
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Surgery for children in low-income countries affected by humanitarian emergencies from 2008 to 2014: The Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels experience.
- Authors: Flynn-O'Brien KT, Trelles M, Dominguez L, Hassani GH, Akemani C, Naseer A, Ntawukiruwabo IB, Kushner AL, Rothstein DH, Stewart BT
- Issue date: 2016 Apr