Forensic Investigation Into a Death: Post-Traumatic Amnesia in a Worker with a Work-Related Head Injury Sustained in a Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plant in India
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis is the first reported case of a work-related head injury in a coal-fired thermal power plant in India. This case highlights the trend of not reporting work injuries due to fears of reprisal from the management team that may include the termination of employment. Post-traumatic amnesia in a worker presenting with head trauma must be recognised by coworkers, so the cause of injury can be elicited early and the victim gets timely medical help. There are few published studies on work-related traumatic brain injury, and they provide no information on either anatomical localisation or signs and symptoms. It is imperative that this under-researched area is studied, so detailed epidemiology and accurate national and global statistics are made available to address this dangerous yet preventable condition.
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
- Assault, post-traumatic amnesia and other variables related to outcome following head injury.
- Authors: Wenden FJ, Crawford S, Wade DT, King NS, Moss NE
- Issue date: 1998 Feb
- Inter-relationships among retrograde amnesia, post-traumatic amnesia, and time since head injury: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Crovitz HF, Horn RW, Daniel WF
- Issue date: 1983 Sep
- Cases from the aerospace residents' teaching file. Case #48. A student pilot is referred for evaluation of a "head injury with post-traumatic amnesia".
- Authors: Seay WJ, Greenberg MK
- Issue date: 1992 Feb
- Assessment of post-traumatic amnesia after severe closed head injury: retrospective or prospective?
- Authors: McMillan TM, Jongen EL, Greenwood RJ
- Issue date: 1996 Apr
- [Post-traumatic amnesia and post-trauma quality of life].
- Authors: e Silva SC, Settervall CH, de Sousa RM
- Issue date: 2012 Oct