Effect of Previous Treatment and Sputum Quality on Diagnostic Accuracy of Xpert(®) MTB/RIF
White, L F
Fennelly, K P
Jones-López, E C
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease : the official journal of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
AbstractIn early studies, Xpert® MTB/RIF accurately detected culture-proven pulmonary tuberculosis (TB). Recent reports have, however, found a lower than expected specificity in previously treated TB patients.
- Evaluation of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting.
- Authors: Theron G, Peter J, van Zyl-Smit R, Mishra H, Streicher E, Murray S, Dawson R, Whitelaw A, Hoelscher M, Sharma S, Pai M, Warren R, Dheda K
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1
- Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in children: a prospective, multi-centre evaluation.
- Authors: Reither K, Manyama C, Clowes P, Rachow A, Mapamba D, Steiner A, Ross A, Mfinanga E, Sasamalo M, Nsubuga M, Aloi F, Cirillo D, Jugheli L, Lwilla F
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Assessment of the sensitivity and specificity of Xpert MTB/RIF assay as an early sputum biomarker of response to tuberculosis treatment.
- Authors: Friedrich SO, Rachow A, Saathoff E, Singh K, Mangu CD, Dawson R, Phillips PP, Venter A, Bateson A, Boehme CC, Heinrich N, Hunt RD, Boeree MJ, Zumla A, McHugh TD, Gillespie SH, Diacon AH, Hoelscher M, Pan African Consortium for the Evaluation of Anti-tuberculosis Antibiotics (PanACEA).
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Evaluation of the Xpert MTB/RIF test for the diagnosis of childhood pulmonary tuberculosis in Uganda: a cross-sectional diagnostic study.
- Authors: Sekadde MP, Wobudeya E, Joloba ML, Ssengooba W, Kisembo H, Bakeera-Kitaka S, Musoke P
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 12
- Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in sputum specimens in remote health care facility.
- Authors: Geleta DA, Megerssa YC, Gudeta AN, Akalu GT, Debele MT, Tulu KD
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 19