Viral Load Versus CD4⁺ Monitoring and 5-Year Outcomes of Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV-Positive Children in Southern Africa: a Cohort-Based Modelling Study
Haas, Andreas D
MetadataShow full item record
JournalAIDS (London, England)
AbstractMany paediatric antiretroviral therapy (ART) programmes in Southern Africa rely on CD4⁺ to monitor ART. We assessed the benefit of replacing CD4⁺ by viral load monitoring.
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
- The role of targeted viral load testing in diagnosing virological failure in children on antiretroviral therapy with immunological failure.
- Authors: Davies MA, Boulle A, Technau K, Eley B, Moultrie H, Rabie H, Garone D, Giddy J, Wood R, Egger M, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Accuracy of immunological criteria for identifying virological failure in children on antiretroviral therapy - the IeDEA Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Authors: Davies MA, Boulle A, Eley B, Moultrie H, Technau K, Rabie H, van Cutsem G, Giddy J, Wood R, Egger M, Keiser O, International epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS Southern Africa (IeDEA‐SA) Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- CD4+ and viral load outcomes of antiretroviral therapy switch strategies after virologic failure of combination antiretroviral therapy in perinatally HIV-infected youth in the United States.
- Authors: Fairlie L, Karalius B, Patel K, van Dyke RB, Hazra R, Hernán MA, Siberry GK, Seage GR 3rd, Agwu A, Wiznia A, Pediatric HIV AIDS Cohort Study (PHACS), The International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT).
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 23
- Monitoring and switching of first-line antiretroviral therapy in adult treatment cohorts in sub-Saharan Africa: collaborative analysis.
- Authors: Haas AD, Keiser O, Balestre E, Brown S, Bissagnene E, Chimbetete C, Dabis F, Davies MA, Hoffmann CJ, Oyaro P, Parkes-Ratanshi R, Reynolds SJ, Sikazwe I, Wools-Kaloustian K, Zannou DM, Wandeler G, Egger M, IeDEA southern Africa, east Africa, and west Africa.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Incidence of switching to second-line antiretroviral therapy and associated factors in children with HIV: an international cohort collaboration.
- Authors: Collaborative Initiative for Paediatric HIV Education and Research (CIPHER) Global Cohort Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2019 Feb