CD4 Testing at Clinics to Assess Eligibility for Antiretroviral Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2011, the Ministry of Health raised the CD4 threshold for antiretroviral therapy (ART) eligibility from <250 cells/µl and <350 cells/µl, but at the same time only 8.8% of facilities in Malawi with HIV services provided CD4 testing. We conducted a record review at 10 rural clinics in Thyolo District to assess the impact of introducing CD4 testing on identifying patients eligible for ART.
- Estimating the need for antiretroviral treatment and an assessment of a simplified HIV/AIDS case definition in rural Malawi.
- Authors: McGrath N, Kranzer K, Saul J, Crampin AC, Malema S, Kachiwanda L, Zaba B, Jahn A, Fine PE, Glynn JR
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Impact on ART initiation of point-of-care CD4 testing at HIV diagnosis among HIV-positive youth in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Patten GE, Wilkinson L, Conradie K, Isaakidis P, Harries AD, Edginton ME, De Azevedo V, van Cutsem G
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 4
- Assessment of laboratory test utilization for HIV/AIDS care in urban ART clinics of Lilongwe, Malawi.
- Authors: Palchaudhuri S, Tweya H, Hosseinipour M
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Targeting CD4 testing to a clinical subgroup of patients could limit unnecessary CD4 measurements, premature antiretroviral treatment and costs in Thyolo District, Malawi.
- Authors: Zachariah R, Teck R, Ascurra O, Humblet P, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- WHO clinical staging of HIV infection and disease, tuberculosis and eligibility for antiretroviral treatment: relationship to CD4 lymphocyte counts.
- Authors: Teck R, Ascurra O, Gomani P, Manzi M, Pasulani O, Kusamale J, Salaniponi FM, Humblet P, Nunn P, Scano F, Harries AD, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2005 Mar