A Crisis of Protection and Safe Passage: Violence Experienced by Migrants/Refugees Travelling Along the Western Balkan Corridor to Northern Europe
de Vingne, B
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and Health
AbstractPushed by ongoing conflicts and pulled by the desire for a better life, over one million migrants/refugees transited Balkan countries and arrived in Europe during 2015 and early 2016. To curb this influx, European countries instituted restrictive migration policies often characterized by building of razor-wire border fences and border closures. Among migrants/refugees who received mental health care in Serbia while travelling through Balkan countries to Northern Europe, we assessed the prevalence and patterns of violent events experienced including physical trauma.
- Syrian refugees in Greece: experience with violence, mental health status, and access to information during the journey and while in Greece.
- Authors: Ben Farhat J, Blanchet K, Juul Bjertrup P, Veizis A, Perrin C, Coulborn RM, Mayaud P, Cohuet S
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 13
- "I feel like I am less than other people": Health-related vulnerabilities of male migrants travelling alone on their journey to Europe.
- Authors: Arsenijević J, Burtscher D, Ponthieu A, Severy N, Contenta A, Moissaing S, Argenziano S, Zamatto F, Zachariah R, Ali E, Venables E
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Mental health and trauma in asylum seekers landing in Sicily in 2015: a descriptive study of neglected invisible wounds.
- Authors: Crepet A, Rita F, Reid A, Van den Boogaard W, Deiana P, Quaranta G, Barbieri A, Bongiorno F, Di Carlo S
- Issue date: 2017
- A life in waiting: Refugees' mental health and narratives of social suffering after European Union border closures in March 2016.
- Authors: Bjertrup PJ, Bouhenia M, Mayaud P, Perrin C, Ben Farhat J, Blanchet K
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- "I prefer dying fast than dying slowly", how institutional abuse worsens the mental health of stranded Syrian, Afghan and Congolese migrants on Lesbos island following the implementation of EU-Turkey deal.
- Authors: Eleftherakos C, van den Boogaard W, Barry D, Severy N, Kotsioni I, Roland-Gosselin L
- Issue date: 2018