"We Are Part of a Family". Benefits and Limitations of Community ART Groups (CAGs) in Thyolo, Malawi: a Qualitative Study
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2012 Community ART Groups (CAGs), a community-based model of antiretroviral therapy (ART) delivery were piloted in Thyolo District, Malawi as a way to overcome patient barriers to accessing treatment, and to decrease healthcare workers' workload. CAGs are self-formed groups of patients on ART taking turns to collect ART refills for all group members from the health facility. We conducted a qualitative study to assess the benefits and challenges of CAGs from patients' and healthcare workers' (HCWs) perspectives.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Patient and health worker experiences of differentiated models of care for stable HIV patients in Malawi: A qualitative study.
- Authors: Prust ML, Banda CK, Callahan K, Nyirenda R, Chimbwandira F, Kalua T, Eliya M, Ehrenkranz P, Prescott M, McCarthy E, Tagar E, Gunda A
- Issue date: 2018
- Multi-month prescriptions, fast-track refills, and community ART groups: results from a process evaluation in Malawi on using differentiated models of care to achieve national HIV treatment goals.
- Authors: Prust ML, Banda CK, Nyirenda R, Chimbwandira F, Kalua T, Jahn A, Eliya M, Callahan K, Ehrenkranz P, Prescott MR, McCarthy EA, Tagar E, Gunda A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Effect of Community ART Groups on retention-in-care among patients on ART in Tete Province, Mozambique: a cohort study.
- Authors: Decroo T, Telfer B, Dores CD, White RA, Santos ND, Mkwamba A, Dezembro S, Joffrisse M, Ellman T, Metcalf C
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 11
- HIV-positive pregnant and postpartum women's perspectives about Option B+ in Malawi: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Katirayi L, Namadingo H, Phiri M, Bobrow EA, Ahimbisibwe A, Berhan AY, Buono N, Moland KM, Tylleskär T
- Issue date: 2016
- Shifting human resources for health in the context of ART provision: qualitative and quantitative findings from the Lablite baseline study.
- Authors: Nkhata MJ, Muzambi M, Ford D, Chan AK, Abongomera G, Namata H, Mambule I, South A, Revill P, Grundy C, Mabugu T, Chiwaula L, Hakim J, Kityo C, Reid A, Katabira E, Sodhi S, Gilks CF, Gibb DM, Seeley J, Cataldo F, Lablite team.
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 16