"We Are Part of a Family". Benefits and Limitations of Community ART Groups (CAGs) in Thyolo, Malawi: a Qualitative Study
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2012 Community ART Groups (CAGs), a community-based model of antiretroviral therapy (ART) delivery were piloted in Thyolo District, Malawi as a way to overcome patient barriers to accessing treatment, and to decrease healthcare workers' workload. CAGs are self-formed groups of patients on ART taking turns to collect ART refills for all group members from the health facility. We conducted a qualitative study to assess the benefits and challenges of CAGs from patients' and healthcare workers' (HCWs) perspectives.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Patient and health worker experiences of differentiated models of care for stable HIV patients in Malawi: A qualitative study.
- Authors: Prust ML, Banda CK, Callahan K, Nyirenda R, Chimbwandira F, Kalua T, Eliya M, Ehrenkranz P, Prescott M, McCarthy E, Tagar E, Gunda A
- Issue date: 2018
- Patient and nurse perspectives of a nurse-led community-based model of HIV care delivery in Malawi: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Sande O, Burtscher D, Kathumba D, Tweya H, Phiri S, Gugsa S
- Issue date: 2020 May 14
- Multi-month prescriptions, fast-track refills, and community ART groups: results from a process evaluation in Malawi on using differentiated models of care to achieve national HIV treatment goals.
- Authors: Prust ML, Banda CK, Nyirenda R, Chimbwandira F, Kalua T, Jahn A, Eliya M, Callahan K, Ehrenkranz P, Prescott MR, McCarthy EA, Tagar E, Gunda A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Effect of Community ART Groups on retention-in-care among patients on ART in Tete Province, Mozambique: a cohort study.
- Authors: Decroo T, Telfer B, Dores CD, White RA, Santos ND, Mkwamba A, Dezembro S, Joffrisse M, Ellman T, Metcalf C
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 11
- The rollout of Community ART Refill Groups in Zimbabwe: a qualitative evaluation.
- Authors: Bochner AF, Meacham E, Mhungu N, Manyanga P, Petracca F, Muserere C, Gonese G, Makunike B, Wazara B, Gwanzura C, Nyika P, Levine R, Mutasa-Apollo T, Balachandra S, Wiktor SZ
- Issue date: 2019 Aug