Changes in Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Over Time in South African HIV-1-Infected Patients Receiving Tenofovir: a Retrospective Cohort Study
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTenofovir has been associated with decline in kidney function, but in patients with low baseline kidney function, improvements over time have been reported. Additionally, the magnitude and trajectory of estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) changes may differ according to how eGFR is calculated. We described changes in eGFR over time, and the incidence of, and risk factors for, kidney toxicity, in a South African cohort.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Effect of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate on Incidence of Chronic Kidney Disease and Rate of Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decrement in HIV-1-Infected Treatment-Naïve Asian Patients: Results from 12-Year Observational Cohort.
- Authors: Suzuki S, Nishijima T, Kawasaki Y, Kurosawa T, Mutoh Y, Kikuchi Y, Gatanaga H, Oka S
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Chronic kidney disease and HIV in the era of antiretroviral treatment: findings from a 10-year cohort study in a west African setting.
- Authors: Kaboré NF, Poda A, Zoungrana J, Da O, Ciaffi L, Semdé A, Yaméogo I, Sawadogo AB, Delaporte E, Meda N, Limou S, Cournil A
- Issue date: 2019 May 7
- Renal impairment in HIV-infected patients initiating tenofovir-containing antiretroviral therapy regimens in a Primary Healthcare Setting in South Africa.
- Authors: Kamkuemah M, Kaplan R, Bekker LG, Little F, Myer L
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Tenofovir plasma concentrations related to estimated glomerular filtration rate changes in first-line regimens in African HIV-infected patients: ANRS 12115 DAYANA substudy.
- Authors: Lê MP, Landman R, Koulla-Shiro S, Charpentier C, Sow PS, Diallo MB, Ngom Gueye NF, Ngolle M, Le Moing V, Eymard-Duvernay S, Benalycherif A, Delaporte E, Girard PM, Peytavin G, DAYANA Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Kidney dysfunction associated with tenofovir exposure in human immunodeficiency virus-1-infected Taiwanese patients.
- Authors: Huang YS, Chan CK, Tsai MS, Lee KY, Lin SW, Chang SY, Hung CC, Chang SC
- Issue date: 2017 Oct