Effect of Previous Utilization and Out-Of-Pocket Expenditure on Subsequent Utilization of a State Led Public-Private Partnership Scheme "Chiranjeevi Yojana" to Promote Facility Births in Gujarat, India
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Health Services Research
AbstractIn Gujarat, India, a state led public private partnership scheme to promote facility birth named Chiranjeevi Yojana (CY) was implemented in 2005. Institutional birth is provided free of cost at accredited private health facilities to women from socially disadvantaged groups (eligible women). CY has contributed in increasing facility birth and providing substantially subsidized (but not totally free) birth care; however, the retention of mothers in this scheme in subsequent child birth is unknown. Therefore, we conducted a study aimed to determine the effect of previous utilization of the scheme and previous out of pocket expenditure on subsequent child birth among multiparous eligible women in Gujarat.
- Utilization of the state led public private partnership program "Chiranjeevi Yojana" to promote facility births in Gujarat, India: a cross sectional community based study.
- Authors: Yasobant S, Vora KS, Shewade HD, Annerstedt KS, Isaakidis P, Mavalankar DV, Dholakia NB, De Costa A
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 15
- Statewide program to promote institutional delivery in Gujarat, India: who participates and the degree of financial subsidy provided by the Chiranjeevi Yojana program.
- Authors: Sidney K, Iyer V, Vora K, Mavalankar D, De Costa A
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 27
- Considerations of private sector obstetricians on participation in the state led "Chiranjeevi Yojana" scheme to promote institutional delivery in Gujarat, India: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Ganguly P, Jehan K, de Costa A, Mavalankar D, Smith H
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 5
- Characteristics of private partners in Chiranjeevi Yojana, a public-private-partnership to promote institutional births in Gujarat, India - Lessons for universal health coverage.
- Authors: Iyer V, Sidney K, Mehta R, Mavalankar D, De Costa A
- Issue date: 2017
- Effect of Chiranjeevi Yojana on institutional deliveries and neonatal and maternal outcomes in Gujarat, India: a difference-in-differences analysis.
- Authors: Mohanan M, Bauhoff S, La Forgia G, Babiarz KS, Singh K, Miller G
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 1