MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Infectious Diseases
AbstractEstimates of month-2 culture conversion, a proxy indicator of tuberculosis (TB) treatment efficacy in phase-2 trials can vary by culture-type and geographically with lower rates reported among African sites. The sub-study aimed at comparing TB detection rates of different culture media, within and across rifampicin-based regimens (R10, 15 and 20 mg/Kg) over a 6-month treatment follow-up period, and to establish predictors of month-2 culture non-conversion among HIV-negative TB patients enrolled at RIFATOX trial site in Uganda.
- A comparison of liquid and solid culture for determining relapse and durable cure in phase III TB trials for new regimens.
- Authors: Phillips PPJ, Mendel CM, Nunn AJ, McHugh TD, Crook AM, Hunt R, Bateson A, Gillespie SH
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 24
- Performance of Mycobacterium Growth Indicator Tube BACTEC 960 with Lowenstein-Jensen method for diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis at Ethiopian National Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Authors: Diriba G, Kebede A, Yaregal Z, Getahun M, Tadesse M, Meaza A, Dagne Z, Moga S, Dilebo J, Gudena K, Hassen M, Desta K
- Issue date: 2017 May 10
- Evaluation of microscopic observation drug susceptibility assay for diagnosis of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Viet Nam.
- Authors: Dang TM, Nguyen TN, Wolbers M, Vo SK, Hoang TT, Nguyen HD, To MH, Vuong MB, Nguyen TP, Tran VQ, Nguyen TB, Vo TH, Nguyen TN, Dai VH, Phan TH, Nguyen HD, Farrar J, Caws M
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 1
- Liquid vs. solid culture for tuberculosis: performance and cost in a resource-constrained setting.
- Authors: Chihota VN, Grant AD, Fielding K, Ndibongo B, van Zyl A, Muirhead D, Churchyard GJ
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Use of colorimetric culture methods for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex isolates from sputum samples in resource-limited settings.
- Authors: Boum Y 2nd, Orikiriza P, Rojas-Ponce G, Riera-Montes M, Atwine D, Nansumba M, Bazira J, Tuyakira E, De Beaudrap P, Bonnet M, Page AL
- Issue date: 2013 Jul