DOT or SAT for Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis? A Non-Randomized Comparison in a High HIV-Prevalence Setting
De Azevedo, V
Trivino Duran, L
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDaily directly-observed therapy (DOT) is recommended for rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis (RR-TB) patients throughout treatment. We assessed the impact of self-administered treatment (SAT) in a South African township with high rates of RR-TB and HIV.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Home-Based and Facility-Based Directly Observed Therapy of Tuberculosis Treatment under Programmatic Conditions in Urban Tanzania.
- Authors: Mhimbira F, Hella J, Maroa T, Kisandu S, Chiryamkubi M, Said K, Mhalu G, Mkopi A, Mutayoba B, Reither K, Gagneux S, Fenner L
- Issue date: 2016
- Time to ART Initiation among Patients Treated for Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis in Khayelitsha, South Africa: Impact on Mortality and Treatment Success.
- Authors: Daniels JF, Khogali M, Mohr E, Cox V, Moyo S, Edginton M, Hinderaker SG, Meintjes G, Hughes J, De Azevedo V, van Cutsem G, Cox HS
- Issue date: 2015
- Twice-weekly, directly observed treatment for HIV-infected and uninfected tuberculosis patients: cohort study in rural South Africa.
- Authors: Davies GR, Connolly C, Sturm AW, McAdam KP, Wilkinson D
- Issue date: 1999 May 7
- Directly observed therapy and improved tuberculosis treatment outcomes in Thailand.
- Authors: Anuwatnonthakate A, Limsomboon P, Nateniyom S, Wattanaamornkiat W, Komsakorn S, Moolphate S, Chiengsorn N, Kaewsa-Ard S, Sombat P, Siangphoe U, Mock PA, Varma JK
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 28
- Severe adverse events during second-line tuberculosis treatment in the context of high HIV Co-infection in South Africa: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Berhanu RH, Black A, Firnhaber C, Maitisa N, Evans D, Sinanovic E
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 21