DOT or SAT for Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis? A Non-Randomized Comparison in a High HIV-Prevalence Setting
De Azevedo, V
Trivino Duran, L
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDaily directly-observed therapy (DOT) is recommended for rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis (RR-TB) patients throughout treatment. We assessed the impact of self-administered treatment (SAT) in a South African township with high rates of RR-TB and HIV.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Directly observed therapy and risk of unfavourable tuberculosis treatment outcomes among an international cohort of people living with HIV in low- and middle-income countries.
- Authors: Pettit AC, Jenkins CA, Blevins Peratikos M, Yotebieng M, Diero L, Do CD, Ross J, Veloso VG, Hawerlander D, Marcy O, Shepherd BE, Fenner L, Sterling TR, International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) Consortium.
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Home-Based and Facility-Based Directly Observed Therapy of Tuberculosis Treatment under Programmatic Conditions in Urban Tanzania.
- Authors: Mhimbira F, Hella J, Maroa T, Kisandu S, Chiryamkubi M, Said K, Mhalu G, Mkopi A, Mutayoba B, Reither K, Gagneux S, Fenner L
- Issue date: 2016
- Directly observed therapy and improved tuberculosis treatment outcomes in Thailand.
- Authors: Anuwatnonthakate A, Limsomboon P, Nateniyom S, Wattanaamornkiat W, Komsakorn S, Moolphate S, Chiengsorn N, Kaewsa-Ard S, Sombat P, Siangphoe U, Mock PA, Varma JK
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 28
- Severe adverse events during second-line tuberculosis treatment in the context of high HIV Co-infection in South Africa: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Berhanu RH, Black A, Firnhaber C, Maitisa N, Evans D, Sinanovic E
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 21
- Patient-centred tuberculosis treatment delivery under programmatic conditions in Tanzania: a cohort study.
- Authors: Egwaga S, Mkopi A, Range N, Haag-Arbenz V, Baraka A, Grewal P, Cobelens F, Mshinda H, Lwilla F, van Leth F
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 21