Development and External Validation of a Clinical Prognostic Score for Death in Visceral Leishmaniasis Patients in a High HIV Co-Infection Burden Area in Ethiopia
van Griensven, J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn Ethiopia, case fatality rates among subgroups of visceral leishmaniasis (VL) patients are high. A clinical prognostic score for death in VL patients could contribute to optimal management and reduction of these case fatality rates. We aimed to identify predictors of death from VL, and to develop and externally validate a clinical prognostic score for death in VL patients, in a high HIV co-infection burden area in Ethiopia.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- The initial effectiveness of liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) and miltefosine combination for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV co-infected patients in Ethiopia: A retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Abongomera C, Diro E, de Lima Pereira A, Buyze J, Stille K, Ahmed F, van Griensven J, Ritmeijer K
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Prognostic factors and scoring system for death from visceral leishmaniasis: an historical cohort study in Brazil.
- Authors: Coura-Vital W, Araújo VE, Reis IA, Amancio FF, Reis AB, Carneiro M
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Prognostic factors for death from visceral leishmaniasis in patients treated with liposomal amphotericin B in an endemic state in Brazil.
- Authors: Dias Tourinho B, Figueiredo Amâncio F, Lencine Ferraz M, Carneiro M
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 1
- Early clinical manifestations associated with death from visceral leishmaniasis.
- Authors: de Araújo VE, Morais MH, Reis IA, Rabello A, Carneiro M
- Issue date: 2012
- Visceral leishmaniasis treatment outcome and its determinants in northwest Ethiopia.
- Authors: Welay GM, Alene KA, Dachew BA
- Issue date: 2016