Diabetes Care in a Complex Humanitarian Emergency Setting: A Qualitative Evaluation
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Health Services Research
AbstractEvidence is urgently needed from complex emergency settings to support efforts to respond to the increasing burden of diabetes mellitus (DM). We conducted a qualitative study of a new model of DM health care (Integrated Diabetic Clinic within an Outpatient Department [IDC-OPD]) implemented by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Mweso Hospital in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). We aimed to explore patient and provider perspectives on the model in order to identify factors that may support or impede it.
- Management of diabetes and associated costs in a complex humanitarian setting in the Democratic Republic of Congo: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Ansbro ÉM, Biringanine M, Caleo G, Prieto-Merino D, Sadique Z, Perel P, Jobanputra K, Roberts B
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 24
- GPs' perspectives of type 2 diabetes patients' adherence to treatment: A qualitative analysis of barriers and solutions.
- Authors: Wens J, Vermeire E, Royen PV, Sabbe B, Denekens J
- Issue date: 2005 May 12
- Structured, intensive education maximising engagement, motivation and long-term change for children and young people with diabetes: a cluster randomised controlled trial with integral process and economic evaluation - the CASCADE study.
- Authors: Christie D, Thompson R, Sawtell M, Allen E, Cairns J, Smith F, Jamieson E, Hargreaves K, Ingold A, Brooks L, Wiggins M, Oliver S, Jones R, Elbourne D, Santos A, Wong IC, O'Neill S, Strange V, Hindmarsh P, Annan F, Viner R
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- "If I have nothing to eat, I get angry and push the pills bottle away from me": A qualitative study of patient determinants of adherence to antiretroviral therapy in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Musumari PM, Feldman MD, Techasrivichien T, Wouters E, Ono-Kihara M, Kihara M
- Issue date: 2013
- Adherence to self-care behaviours and associated barriers in type 2 diabetes patients of low-and middle-income countries: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Mogre V, Johnson NA, Tzelepis F, Shaw J, Paul C
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 27